Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Why do you keep banging on about North Korea
    Because the UK is the same as North Korea, we now live in a police state, we have lost our freedom, ( the freedom that millions have died for ) and there is no pubs, no restaurants, no night clubs, no gyms, no shops ect, if we have a prolonged shut down these businesses will all be gone, it would of been better to put the resources into protecting the vulnerable 1.5 million rather than turning the UK into North Korea.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 31-03-2020 at 11:40.

Rides
    That statement is insulting to people that actually live in that kind of state. But I think you wrote it knowing that, because you're, well, you.

You don't live in a police state now. You've been asked to stay home and the government has shut the pubs and restaurants for a few months. Get a grip.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Because the UK is the same as North Korea
    You have just waffled on about North Korea
    you are still waffling on about North Korea
    Your waffle is not fooling or distracting anyone but yourself

Rides
    Going back to Sweden etc, it sounds like they are trying to implement “Herd Immunity” The UK considered it and back tracked because the model predictions were catastrophic. The US are now considering whether to try to implement it, because Trump keeps dithering whether to protect the health service or the economy and is being constantly lobbied by businesses..

To implement “Herd Immunity” around 60% of the population would need to be infected! Without having the proper medical facilities or even test kits available.

So people stop waiting for Government to do something and be responsible for yourselves and each other. They don’t always get it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I’ll stop if Leon agrees that Covid-19 has spread around the globe

Impossible he doesn’t believe we live on a globe. He thinks the earth is flat

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    That statement is insulting to people that actually live in that kind of state. But I think you wrote it knowing that, because you're, well, you.

You don't live in a police state now. You've been asked to stay home and the government has shut the pubs and restaurants for a few months. Get a grip.
    Yes, I'm sure millions of North Koreans would of read my post and will be offended, the last thing I want to do is offend anyone, I dont know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Rides
    I said insulting. Not offensive.

Rides
    Going back to Sweden etc, it sounds like they are trying to implement “Herd Immunity” The UK considered it and back tracked because the model predictions were catastrophic. The US are now considering whether to try to implement it, because Trump keeps dithering whether to protect the health service or the economy and is being constantly lobbied by businesses..

To implement “Herd Immunity” around 60% of the population would need to be infected! Without having the proper medical facilities or even test kits available.

So people stop waiting for Government to do something and be responsible for yourselves and each other. They don’t always get it right

Herd immunity is the best way, let it rip through the population, it's a shame that isn't an option for us, our health service wouldn't be able to cope, I think we need a higher infection rate, at the moment we have plenty of capacity in terms of NHS beds, it's time to open the pubs and gyms back up.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Impossible he doesn’t believe we live on a globe. He thinks the earth is flat
    You should have waited to see if we could catch him out

Rides
    Herd immunity is the best way, let it rip through the population, it's a shame that isn't an option for us, our health service wouldn't be able to cope, I think we need a higher infection rate, at the moment we have plenty of capacity in terms of NHS beds, it's time to open the pubs and gyms back up.
    Are you seriously that moronic? With current mortality rates are you suggesting 1.8 million deaths in this country alone (not using demographics Doc) is acceptable just so you can go to the pub and gym.

We do not have plenty of capacity for NHS beds

Rides
    Are you seriously that moronic? With current mortality rates are you suggesting 1.8 million deaths in this country alone (not using demographics Doc) is acceptable just so you can go to the pub and gym.

We do not have plenty of capacity for NHS beds

1.8 million, what are talking about ? According to one of the best universities in the world 50 % of people have already been infected in the UK, the only place any way near capacity is that lawless, rat infested, shit hole known as London, they have just built another hospital down there so I'm sure they will be fine.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 31-03-2020 at 17:59.

Rides
    According to one of the best universities in the world 50 % of people have already been infected in the UK

Critical reading....

potential conclusion
    but if
    it could – could – suggest
    The study assumed that
    Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology, who led the study, sounded a note of caution, however. The findings can only be corroborated through “large-scale serological surveys — antibody testing.”
    And the kicker: But she supports the government’s strict measures to prevent the number of cases expanding over the next month beyond the capacity of the NHS.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coro...study-immunity

he Oxford study – which has not been published in a scientific journal or scrutinised by other scientists yet – offers a set of hypothetical situations about the possible extent of coronavirus transmission in the UK. The headline statistic, that more than half of the UK population has already been infected with coronavirus, is not supported by real-world data, epidemiologists argue.

“It’s a little concerning that they’ve taken it straight to the media,” says Tim Colbourn, an epidemiologist at University College London’s Institute for Global Health. “It has not been properly sense-checked against any data.”

But this modelling rests on an improbable assumption: that just one in every 1,000 people infected with coronavirus will need to be hospitalised. This assumption just doesn’t match real-world data, says Colbourn. “We can already see just by looking at Italy [...] that that figure has already been exceeded,”

Rage rage you haven't addressed any of my points and just keep banging on about North Korea

Rides
    Rage rage you haven't addressed any of my points and just keep banging on about North Korea

Yes but then MMR also causes autism...

Rides
    Yes but then MMR also causes autism...

And w***ing makes you deaf.

Rides
    Are you really that surprises?

Rides
    Are you really that surprises?

Not really - the accusation was always going to come wasn't it. What truth to it, who knows or ever will.

Rides
    Not really - the accusation was always going to come wasn't it. What truth to it, who knows or ever will.
    Food for thought

When I was working at BlackBerry, we were spending $1 million a month per Data Center in mainland China to support the Chinese because Chinese Internet restrictions blocked traffic. Hong Kong has always been treated differently.

The use of children is still well known to be widely used in tech factories, but western tech firms don’t really like to talk about that...

The Chinese are still very secretive but also to a point because the west still do not understand their cultures. You have to remember China until recently has been very much closed off to the west. The Chinese media is heavily censored (mainland China again)

I actually met a 30 something Chinese guy years ago and that day was the first time he had seen a black person.
    But still, at least it isn’t as bad as .... I won’t say it

Rides
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52103808

You seriously can't make this bull shit up, the death count isn't high enough, so we will add peoples deaths from the community who haven't been tested for covid 19

Roughly 2000 people die every day in the UK, so don't be surprised if the Covid 19 death rate reaches two thousand a day

Rides
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52103808

You seriously can't make this bull shit up, the death count isn't high enough, so we will add peoples deaths from the community who haven't been tested for covid 19

Roughly 2000 people die every day in the UK, so don't be surprised if the Covid 19 death rate reaches two thousand a day
    It’s not bullshit. A death certificate will be recorded before a post-mortem is performed if necessary. That also takes time and there is a backlog. It may be lower but then the facts don’t suit you like the “half the population have already had it” statement

I wouldn’t laugh about it the facts and the science. The last time we had an epidemic of this proportion, the species was culled.

Donald Trumps chief scientific advisor has said to expect when this is all over possibly 200,000 Americans could be dead from it