Thread: Fishing

Rides

Fishing

Anyone do Fishing? I know Mark does, the lake behind us is ok.just found a load of tackle (is that what it is called?) fancy trying my hand at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Think daz is into fisting also

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Anyone do Fishing?
    Hand up, guilty as charged, though very much a fair weather fisherman since I turned 60...

Though it's the close season now, regardless of Covid, and it's not an essential / allowed sport as far as the virus advice goes.

Maybe do something when through all that...

Or an SXOC fish-in maybe ? Not a match, not a competition, just a decent relaxed day's fishing with a car park full of SX's and a group of like minded people together ?.

Rides
    I can cook a decent fish n chips apparently. My uncle says I can use his stuff, but it’s all for sea fishing..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    Hand up, guilty as charged, though very much a fair weather fisherman since I turned 60...

Though it's the close season now, regardless of Covid, and it's not an essential / allowed sport as far as the virus advice goes.

Maybe do something when through all that...

Or an SXOC fish-in maybe ? Not a match, not a competition, just a decent relaxed day's fishing with a car park full of SX's and a group of like minded people together ?.
    I only have 2 thirds of an SX

I have a couple of Zeds and an XR2. A friend is trying to get me to buy a Yaris Hot hatch... tempting. Started off him saying I should get an Integra Type R, but Arry talked me out of it

Rides
    Ah. Sea fishing = the one type of fishing I have never done and have no tackle or knowledge for sadly.

Coarse and Fly only... though I do have more than enough tackle to set up two sets of rods and stuff !

Rides
    Many many years ago, when i was early teens... i would go down the nearby river and try and catch shit.
    You had to have a license of course which we did, we also all had fairly good kit - i had a 9 foot (iirc) poll with the thingy on the end and i was spinning not fly.

Now one or two problems with this.
    1, the big one. I cannot stand fish, i cannot stand the taste, the smell or being anywhere near them - i just really really dislike seafood enough to make me actually puke if served fish type... er food.
    2, the second big one... i cannot stand fish.. it was so important i thought i would say it twice.

So here is me with my mates who do not mind fish but i dont, fishing cos... er cos... and catching very little. None of us caught much except one time.. and i was me who caught it.
    I caught a pike, yes one of those nasty muscly toothy bastards. it was a fair size for the river as well. So i gets a nibble (worming this time) and bugger me it was like someone attached a car to my line. I did the well cool and manly fight with it and brought it in over the space of about 7 or 8 mins, where my mate took out the priest and belted the rather tired but still really nasty pike over the scud - about half a dozen times.
    Said fish was now dead, it was a couple of pounds iirc and we took it home. Now a pike is not something you would want to eat (so i was told) so my neighbour who was a big big fisherman did the gutting part and the cat ate it - Smokey was very very happy with the catch and purred a lot iirc.
    Smokey the cat by the way had history with fish, he stole a cooked and ready massive piece of expensive top quality salmon from a neighbours table one summer and dragged it through to our garden where he proceeded to fill his belly. Turns out it was a garden party and the food was laid out in the kitchen to cool before the party started and he got in and had the most expensive item. Neighbours never found out the truth.