Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 727

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

  1. #221
    Guest Teggers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Posts
    13,092
    Rides
    0
    I still work in the motor trade and we've been told not to come into work. The technicians are still going in to do MoT's and servicing but no sales are happening at the moment and I can't exactly work from home doing this job.

    I really hope anyone who gets it recovers quickly. My 5yo little girl has it and my stepmom is in hospital. After reading through this whole thread - day 5 of isolation at home now. I'm running out of productive things to do to distract me from being so powerless to look after my family.

    And don't talk to me about home schooling...

  2. #222
    Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Worksop
    Posts
    2,870
    Rides
    0
    Just been on. Six month exemption from MOTs.

  3. #223
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,056
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    I still work in the motor trade and we've been told not to come into work. The technicians are still going in to do MoT's and servicing but no sales are happening at the moment and I can't exactly work from home doing this job.

    I really hope anyone who gets it recovers quickly. My 5yo little girl has it and my stepmom is in hospital. After reading through this whole thread - day 5 of isolation at home now. I'm running out of productive things to do to distract me from being so powerless to look after my family.

    And don't talk to me about home schooling...
    Some schools have Microsoft teams setup to try and school kids remotely


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #224
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Just been on. Six month exemption from MOTs.
    From 30th March - so the next 5 days at the height of the pandemic everyone's off to get an essential MOT

    That just seems like a mega way of putting independent MOT stations out of business.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  5. #225
    Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Worksop
    Posts
    2,870
    Rides
    0
    Would imagine most of the people working on the legislation haven't a clue what one is. "Why don't they buy a new car?"

  6. #226
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Would imagine most of the people working on the legislation haven't a clue what one is. "Why don't they buy a new car?"
    LOL true; isn't that something that happens when I've given the car back and got my new one?
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  7. #227
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NW, England
    Posts
    1,665
    Rides
    0
    As above, if your mot runs out before 31st then you have to get your mot now. After that it's waived. I'm MOTing today and tomorrow and then I'm off.

  8. #228
    Guest R3K1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    12,024
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Just been on. Six month exemption from MOTs.
    What if I didn't have an MOT to begin with?

  9. #229
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    What if I didn't have an MOT to begin with?
    Then you're screwed unless an MOT station is open. I doubt they're going to close all of them as still require mechanics to keep key workers moving so.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  10. #230
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    walsall/tamworth
    Posts
    6,540
    Rides
    0
    my MOT is due on the 31st, Bangernomics wins again.

  11. #231
    Guest DLowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    7,614
    Rides
    0
    After a internet and staff lambasting our company has finally decided to stop planned works....

    It has definatley highlighted who in upper management is a cock, and demonstrated that a final salary pension makes you a yes man without morals....

    After about 100 complaints just in stoke in 24hrs, they realised people who are isolated are not happy be without power for the day so we can give the trees a little trim.... not to mention that we would be grouped together 20 odd at a time... they will last a month.

    Faults and safety calls only

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  12. #232
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    It has definatley highlighted who in upper management is a cock, and demonstrated that a final salary pension makes you a yes man without morals....
    I've been saying to my boss about this whole situation - what it's proven to me is that there a lot of people in upper echelons stealing a living. It's sort of noticeable in ordinary every day life, but when things go to shit they're suddenly overwhelmed and all the cracks turn into canyons. I've got 6-7 financial partners and I'm watching 4-5 of them tank terribly whilst 2-3 of them are getting a handle on it and keeping everyone afloat. It's like when the SAS take the crew out on mission and know who's going to flake out first.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  13. #233
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,527
    Rides
    0
    I got only 1 cream bun today, although i did help it a long with a cream long lemon thing as well.
    However disaster, the person at the shop said thats them closed after this for however...


    How am i going to get my buns now? this is awful i am thinking of taking a picture of it and putting it on the wall to remind me of happier times.

  14. #234
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wherever I run out of petrol!
    Posts
    14,399
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    How am i going to get my buns now? this is awful i am thinking of taking a picture of it and putting it on the wall to remind me of happier times.
    Happier times when you couldn't buy any because they sold out before you could be bothered to go to the bun shop????

  15. #235
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,056
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I got only 1 cream bun today, although i did help it a long with a cream long lemon thing as well.
    However disaster, the person at the shop said thats them closed after this for however...


    How am i going to get my buns now? this is awful i am thinking of taking a picture of it and putting it on the wall to remind me of happier times.
    Hang on,

    You thought you May have had it, so shouldn’t you be self isolating for 3 weeks after final symptoms?

    Then again you know when you have had it, I was bed ridden for 4 days


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #236
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,113
    Rides
    0
    I think everyone should go back to work and we should carry on as normal like sweden, there are too many snowflakes in positions of power.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...om&amp_tf=From %251%24s

    Keep calm and carry on.....

  17. #237
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I think everyone should go back to work and we should carry on as normal like sweden, there are too many snowflakes in positions of power.

    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...e.com&_tf=From %251%24s

    Keep calm and carry on.....
    Sweden isn't really representative. They have a younger median population than the UK and the population density is less than a quarter. It would make sense they've not placed as many restrictions as yet; a) they're not at our level of curve yet and b) they're not likely to have as rapid a transmission rate as we are.

    You're also wrong in that they're not carrying on as normal.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  18. #238
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,287
    Rides
    0
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

    Interesting maps and stats here BTW
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  19. #239
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,527
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Hang on,

    You thought you May have had it, so shouldn’t you be self isolating for 3 weeks after final symptoms?
    k
    Yeah and i will be de-self-isolating as soon as i need food or fuel.
    If my tummy rumbles it needs a bun.

  20. #240
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,113
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Sweden isn't really representative. They have a younger median population than the UK and the population density is less than a quarter. It would make sense they've not placed as many restrictions as yet; a) they're not at our level of curve yet and b) they're not likely to have as rapid a transmission rate as we are.

    You're also wrong in that they're not carrying on as normal.
    I didn't say Sweden was representative, everyone is going to work and the nightclubs, pubs and restaurants are open, Sweden have basically said it is not prepared to take such drastic measures that will have a small effect on the epidemic at a cost of losing a functioning society.

    If we have a long lockdown there will be no businesses and no jobs to go back to when this is over the UK could be bankrupt, we are not any way near self sufficient, more people could die after the pandemic than during the epidemic because of poverty, homelessness, lack of food, crime ect.
    The people that could die after the pandemic would have a younger median age than the people that could die during the epidemic, this would be a double knock to our productivity and birth rate.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 26-03-2020 at 19:04.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •