Thread: **Tachometer issues** Tried soldering but problem persists - any recommendations?

Rides

**Tachometer issues** Tried soldering but problem persists - any recommendations?

I know this issue has been covered to death - sorry!

Like many others, my tach is just going all over the place although it does occasionally give accurate readings. General consensus is that this is usually resolved by taking the tach out and re-soldering where necessary. I've tried this a couple of times and am still having the same issue.

Before trying to replace the gauge cluster or at least the tach, I wondered if anyone had any specific advice on other things to try. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Rides
    [https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....ounter-*Fixed*

Try this. See link to YouTube video in my post above. I found for me I needed to solder the tiny tiny multi pin component. This seems to have worked for me. Video was well worth a watch.

Good luck.

Rides
    Long shot but I had this issue and thought ‘oh it’s the normal dry solder’ but it actually ended up being the speed sensor in the gearbox.
    Might be worth checking if all else fails

Rides
    Same issue, even after doing a manual conversion. I soldered it awhile ago and it started to work then stopped. Im presuming its a new tacho aswell.

Rides
    Thanks guys. Actually I was a bit apprehensive re-soldering those tiny pins and with reference to previous posts; I thought it was unlikely that they would be the source of the issue.

I'm definitely going to give it a proper go and will report back!

Cheers