Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Are we heading for another Financial Crash?

  1. #41
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I'm not saying they will spread it. I'm saying they will die from it lol

    The workers spread it, but the oldies and the sick that the workers interact with are the ones that are dying.

    Anyone being sick for 2 weeks is not a productivity issue. If the workers die, the economy is in shit.

    You are obviously struggling with the difference between humanity and economics.

    From a human point of view, old and sick people dying is tragic.

    From an economic point of view, the workers count.

    End of the day, this is a car forum. Nothing we say makes any difference at all.
    No one has actually died from Covid-19, itís secondary infections that kill. Bacterial pneumonia etc. Covid 19 lowers the immune system like the common cold (which is also a Corona virus)

    Iím struggling with the fact that people are panic buying toilet rolls. If you want to bunk down in a bunker wouldnít tinned food be better?

    My point was, the Swine flu pandemic infected far more people, but there wasnít the mass hysteria we are seeing now. SARS which is also a Corona virus infected and killed far more people, but no mass hysteria


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Guest R3K1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    12,024
    Rides
    0
    No I'm pretty sure the numbers for SARS were no-where near what they were for this.

    Something like less than 10,000 infected and just under 1000 dead, higher % mortality rate but no-where near as bad as this pandemic.

  3. #43
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    No I'm pretty sure the numbers for SARS were no-where near what they were for this.

    Something like less than 10,000 infected and just under 1000 dead, higher % mortality rate but no-where near as bad as this pandemic.
    Itís not a pandemic


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    ken is still God
    Posts
    35,001
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    It’s not a pandemic
    The WHO seem to think it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshT
    You have more chance of winning the lottery than dying of a Covid-19 related infection
    Death rate is currently running at about 6% in Italy. I guess Id better start buying a lottery ticket then as it would only take 17 weeks to win the jackpot.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

  5. #45
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,293
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Death rate is currently running at about 6% in Italy. I guess Id better start buying a lottery ticket then as it would only take 17 weeks to win the jackpot.
    6% on number of people infected. Number of people infected circa 12500. 12500 cases in what, 3-4 weeks since it really took hold? Population ~60 million people. Infection rate ~0.02%?

    Aging population. Shite initial response. Shite healthcare. All factors.

    I'm sat in the epicenter of the UK outbreak now with 104 cases confirmed in London. I'm hardly shitting a brick about it.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  6. #46
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    6% on number of people infected. Number of people infected circa 12500. 12500 cases in what, 3-4 weeks since it really took hold? Population ~60 million people. Infection rate ~0.02%?

    Aging population. Shite initial response. Shite healthcare. All factors.

    I'm sat in the epicenter of the UK outbreak now with 104 cases confirmed in London. I'm hardly shitting a brick about it.
    Well Iíve had a job interview via Cisco WebEx because Skype didnít work. And had an interviewer with a big dog slobbering over his ear. I had to introduce them to Honey. If I get the job it is down to her

    You canít beat interviews like that

  7. #47
    Guest R3K1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    12,024
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    The WHO seem to think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The World Health Organisation
    We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic
    Link

  8. #48
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    I stand corrected.

    Previously Pandemics needed thousands of people infected across states, but even the WHO have rewritten rule books.

    Not that this country can help. Our best virologists have had to move overseas. We were once the world experts on influenza, we cannot even study it any more


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    ken is still God
    Posts
    35,001
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    6% on number of people infected. Number of people infected circa 12500. 12500 cases in what, 3-4 weeks since it really took hold? Population ~60 million people. Infection rate ~0.02%?

    Aging population. Shite initial response. Shite healthcare. All factors.

    I'm sat in the epicenter of the UK outbreak now with 104 cases confirmed in London. I'm hardly shitting a brick about it.
    Shite healthcare? No shiter than ours mate.
    Aging population? No older than ours mate.
    Shite initial response? You know where this is going now.

    There were only about 200 or so cases in Italy on Feb 25th, there are now over 10,000 and 630 deaths. The graph showing our infection rate matches theirs almost exactly, albeit 2 weeks behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

  10. #50
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Shite healthcare? No shiter than ours mate.
    Aging population? No older than ours mate.
    Shite initial response? You know where this is going now.

    There were only about 200 or so cases in Italy on Feb 25th, there are now over 10,000 and 630 deaths. The graph showing our infection rate matches theirs almost exactly, albeit 2 weeks behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Shite healthcare? No shiter than ours mate.
    Aging population? No older than ours mate.
    Shite initial response? You know where this is going now.

    There were only about 200 or so cases in Italy on Feb 25th, there are now over 10,000 and 630 deaths. The graph showing our infection rate matches theirs almost exactly, albeit 2 weeks behind.
    I thought more of you Alex. You are just hyping it up, however you are a recruitment boss.

    The Mediterranean has an older population because they like to boast about the Mediterranean diet and climate

    My best friend is Italian, lives in a citadel called
    Soriano new comino

    Shite Healthcare? We still have the best healthcare system in the world, people come from all over the world to be a part of it,

    Sorry you are just pissed off because itís going to be more difficult for contractors in Europe,

    Now meet Rebecca


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #51
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,530
    Rides
    0
    Where has her hand gone?

  12. #52
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chelmsford,Essex
    Posts
    24,238
    Rides
    0
    I thought her name was honey

  13. #53
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0

    Are we heading for another Financial Crash?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I thought her name was honey
    It is. Isnít this better than a financial crash

    Her fingers are where Iíd like mine to be lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Asht_200; 12-03-2020 at 23:41.

  14. #54
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    And Jonny. Not every day you take your dog to an interview


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    19,732
    Rides
    0
    Well one thing is for sure, I am tired of going shopping and not being able to find Spaghetti.

    I don't need 8,000 packs. I would like one pack. But it seems this is a tall order.

  16. #56
    Member arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,293
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, I am tired of going shopping and not being able to find Spaghetti.

    I don't need 8,000 packs. I would like one pack. But it seems this is a tall order.
    Try the Gluten free aisle. The mongs haven't reached and don't understand that yet.

    It's not a terrible alternative.

    Went to Morrison on way home yesterday. Just for some beer. The aisles were full of people queuing for check outs. Bloke I saw had possibly an entire year's worth of hot dog rolls in his trolley bulging out of the top.

    Unreal. Had to get beer from the petrol station. They only had shit lagers. My life has now been affected by Covid19.

    2020; anus whore reeblus.
    Porsche 911 C2 & FN2 Civic Type R
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500

  17. #57
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wherever I run out of petrol!
    Posts
    14,399
    Rides
    0
    lol

    The local shops here are still well stocked, the ASDA is like a scene out of World War Z
    Last edited by MEL; 13-03-2020 at 06:22.

  18. #58
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Try the Gluten free aisle. The mongs haven't reached and don't understand that yet.

    It's not a terrible alternative.

    Went to Morrison on way home yesterday. Just for some beer. The aisles were full of people queuing for check outs. Bloke I saw had possibly an entire year's worth of hot dog rolls in his trolley bulging out of the top.

    Unreal. Had to get beer from the petrol station. They only had shit lagers. My life has now been affected by Covid19.

    2020; anus whore reeblus.
    Morrisonís run out of everything because of their shit computer systems / IT staff

    The 2020 great global bog roll shortage has been caused by arseholes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #59
    Oor Willy sideways14a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In cloud Cucold land
    Posts
    34,530
    Rides
    0
    Lack of IQs in the population is the problem, pity this virus didnt target mongs.

  20. #60
    Guest Asht_200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ashflix.com
    Posts
    22,060
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Lack of IQs in the population is the problem, pity this virus didnt target mongs.
    Says the man who works at a university. Do you get job satisfaction?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •