Thread: UK s14a fusebox relocation to passenger airbag guide.

Rides

UK s14a fusebox relocation to passenger airbag guide.

So after much looking for months there is no good online guides IMO, showing the relocation of the engine fusebox to the passenger airbag location.

Here's my attempt;

First remove dash (plenty post on this), unplug and label all connectors in the drivers side engine bay loom and fusebox.

Disconnect large square white block connector and the majority of plugs under the steering wheel/drivers area.

Pull/fight the connectors through the hole in the wing where the loom normally goes through and gets worn away when you go LOW.

Set the loom/fusebox out, unclip the fusebox housing and set to the side for cutting later if your not making a custom holder.

Then we should have something like this.

[IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by evilz; 04-02-2020 at 19:15.

Rides
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

So this is where microsoft paint would be handy.
    The 4 electrical connectors that hang separate bellow the fuse box can be pulled back to allow routing to the engine bay, however one needs lengthening. It has a yellow and gray wire that goes back into the fuse box which needs about 1.5m extra wire soldered in.(single connector above soldering iron clear box.)
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

Rides
    This is as far as I got today, the connectors furthest left below the fusebox are for the washers and washer level sensors which will be relocated to the boot/trunk (wont be using the level sensor or the headlight washers so hope to reuse those cables to extend the others.)

Middle top connectors in the pictures are for the driver headlights so will all need extending a long distance.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

The rest of the connectors should be fine length wise but I will have to run the top right bunch through the passenger firewall grommet to reach the passenger headlights now.

I may have to check some of the other connectors as they have been off the car a long time and the writing has faded on some labels.

Hope to update tomorrow with some pictures in the car.

Rides
    Fu#king instagram, I will be honest since photobucket died I stopped posting on forums as no picture uploading sites seem to work well.
    Not sure how to embed photos from instagram, if anyone can help I will sort this mess out.

Thanks

Rides
    How are you planning on mounting the fuesbox itself?

I've got the tedious part of pulling the headlight wiring back and extending where needed etc

Trying to come up with a way to mount the fusebox using the airbag mounting points off the dash bar now 🤔

Rides
    Just finished extending all the headlight wires, I have cut the oem fuse box but even after this it wont fit with the stock air blower pipework, fortunately my through dash roll cage has made the door vents useless so I have removed the pipework above the glovebox.
    I have some spare metal I will bend into L shape brackets and use riv nuts through the plastic fusebox to hold it in place but still easily removable.

Rides