Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like in a new Smartphone

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    How much are you willing to pay for that? Cost, Size? Battery life?

Phones are slimline because that is what people want. Batteries take up most of the space because people want to use them for more than a day. And they want big screens. There is not much room inside a smartphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Size wise I currently run a Sony Xperia AX2 (I think) and I find it perfect size over my work phone Samsung A10 which imo is bit too big, battery life to run day is fine for me in my workplace, and to be honest there is many a way to charge a phone these days so not as big on an issue imo, cost I couldn't say without knowing what software and hardware costs to what limitations each has, I don't even know how much my Sony was as it was a while ago now but I was happy to pay for it when I did.

I like the idea of stoofers of a docking to a desktop, would be very handy for me as I use my phones for a lot of applications in my workplace and to be able to upload or Dock onto an existing desktop or a device that is alike would be handy for me looking up part diagrams we get emailed through.

I felt my needs are out of the ordinary for many others so didn't suggest my main needs as it won't suit others but ideas around running a business and mechanics workshop is where I am at.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I get the walled garden, but it has been good for their share holders which is what a corporate is about. But don’t call them overpriced junk. They are actually good phones.

And if you don’t like some of the Samsung stuff blame the Brits I forget we are so much better than everyone else these days... cough Brexit

I get the walled garden, and yeah I see how they are there price to an extent but the limitations I found apple had was annoying, android had more flexibility imo and a easier to grasp operating system (going by teaching my grandparents how to use one)

Price range will always vary I think its hard to say how much I want to pay as if something has that one more feature that's more suited to me I will go for it at that extra expense, having more odd but useful and practical features would sway me to buy diffrent, let's face it every phone has a camera and even the lowest pixle camera is still pretty dam good

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I hate Apple with a passion, there walled garden approach and sky high prices because they have an image and brand might be fine for there shareholders but sucks for customers.
    Its not just there mobile kit but there entire operation i dislike, style over substance reeks through nearly every single overpriced product. Like the Mac pro i recently had to get in for a bloody academic that wouldn't listen to me about using a PC that most certanally would have done what he wanted twice as fast or less money. Yes that shit quad core that cost 2k+ and throttled its tits off when you did anything even remotely involving.
    They need to remember where they came from, remember being bailed out by the old enemy (Microsoft) - if it wasnt for that Apple would be rotten and dead right now.
    Soz, apple rant over.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I hate Apple with a passion, there walled garden approach and sky high prices because they have an image and brand might be fine for there shareholders but sucks for customers.
    Its not just there mobile kit but there entire operation i dislike, style over substance reeks through nearly every single overpriced product. Like the Mac pro i recently had to get in for a bloody academic that wouldn't listen to me about using a PC that most certanally would have done what he wanted twice as fast or less money. Yes that shit quad core that cost 2k+ and throttled its tits off when you did anything even remotely involving.
    They need to remember where they came from, remember being bailed out by the old enemy (Microsoft) - if it wasnt for that Apple would be rotten and dead right now.
    Soz, apple rant over.
    Just remember. If it wasn’t for Renault.. Nissan would be dead now

Don’t blame Apple, just blame the restards
    Who bought into it. Apple
    Just gave what the sheep wanted.

My iPhone X is really
    Good. Better than the Pixel 3. Heaps better for taking photos than my sister in-laws Premium Android phone.

Just not as good as my Nikon D-SLR

Rides
    To be honest after seeing the shit both Renault and Nissan squirt out now i couldnt really care if either were still on the go.

Then again it wouldnt have brought us the hilarity with Ghosn and his great escape.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    To be honest after seeing the shit both Renault and Nissan squirt out now i couldnt really care if either were still on the go.

Then again it wouldnt have brought us the hilarity with Ghosn and his great escape.
    I heard he hid in a double bass case.

Come on, let’s be honest. It’s like John Mcafee escaping the country

Rides
    Total privacy! Blocks all attempts to track my location, my preferences, my conversations and my browsing history.

Zero advertising- similar to ad blocker.

Zero software updates - my phone gets worse every time I do this on my iPhone.

Long battery life.

And finally more customisation, iPhone is really limiting.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Total privacy! Blocks all attempts to track my location, my preferences, my conversations and my browsing history.

Long battery life.

You can do that. Get Android

There was an other OS that gave that option but didn’t sell because “ Apple and Google don’t want them to have apps”

My mum hates Smart phones because she has to learn how to use them. Google , Apple and Facebook refused to support, even though (people who never used it will not know why) the BlackBerry 10 UI was better than what Apple and Android provided... but the CEO’s refused to believe Apps were the future. ****ing muppets

Rides
    I currently have a Sony xa2. The only thing I would change about it is to make it a bit smaller, yes I am a girl btw

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I currently have a Sony xa2. The only thing I would change about it is to make it a bit smaller, yes I am a girl btw
    Really? From your past posts I would have said you were a dude lol

So what can you get your hand around? no seriously, how big a phone? iPhone 6? Smaller beat phone I had was the candy bar Z10

Rides
    I think all phones should try and emulate the samsung galaxy note 10 +, decent screen ,1 TB memory, S pen for presentations or to write on the screen or taking pictures remotely, DeX docking station to turn it into a desk top, huge battery that lasts two days all it's missing is the infra red blaster, I miss switching the TV over in the pub or hospital ect also was good for aircon units, would basically operate anything that was infra red dont know why they removed it, not had one since the note 4.

Rides
    Really? From your past posts I would have said you were a dude lol

So what can you get your hand around? no seriously, how big a phone? iPhone 6? Smaller beat phone I had was the candy bar Z10

Really, Ash ?

Rides

What would you like in a new Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I think all phones should try and emulate the samsung galaxy note 10 +, decent screen ,1 TB memory, S pen for presentations or to write on the screen or taking pictures remotely, DeX docking station to turn it into a desk top, huge battery that lasts two days all it's missing is the infra red blaster, I miss switching the TV over in the pub or hospital ect also was good for aircon units, would basically operate anything that was infra red dont know why they removed it, not had one since the note 4.
    You used to change people’s TV over in a hospital? You really are a c**t

Rides
    You used to change people’s TV over in a hospital? You really are a c**t
    I used to change peoples TV's over while I was out walking the dog.

If you're gunna have to have a 60" Samsung right by the window in your small terrace home this thing is gunna happen.

Rides
    I used to do this in the pub, was hilarious back in the day when it was not common to see an IR interface on a phone.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post

Long battery life.

You can do that. Get Android
    Quoting SX-Rider for truth and for having posted almost exactly what I was going to post, sums up my views exactly.
    Privacy.
    No links or personal data to Micro£oft, Google or Apple at all unless I choose to have them.
    Only slight disagreement, I would allow software updates BUT only if I have the option not to install them.

Ash: don't understand your suggesting Android. As I understand it doesn't Android = Google ?

My out of date Nokia Lumia Windows 8 phone (do NOT update to 10 whatever you do) continues to suit me fine, despite the intrusive and transparent links to Micro$oft, data mining for email addresses, personal details etc etc. Given they have had me on their books since Windows 3.11, '95, '98 etc they had all that stuff anyway. Just not willing to add to it in these increasingly data sensitive days.

In an ideal world I'd like a phone which would allow me to install my own preferred flavour of Linux. This has proved to be the answer with all my personal laptops and PC's, even for the techno-phobic Luddite other half.

Rumours persist of someone trying to build and market a Linux mobile but there doesn't seem any reasonable likelihood of it ever getting off the ground and, even if it did, likely prohibitive cost.

Oh well, pipe dreams and slippers..

Rides
    You can set your privacy settings with Android .

Sent from my iPhone

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    Quoting SX-Rider for truth and for having posted almost exactly what I was going to post, sums up my views exactly.
    Privacy.
    No links or personal data to Micro£oft, Google or Apple at all unless I choose to have them.
    Only slight disagreement, I would allow software updates BUT only if I have the option not to install them.

Ash: don't understand your suggesting Android. As I understand it doesn't Android = Google ?

My out of date Nokia Lumia Windows 8 phone (do NOT update to 10 whatever you do) continues to suit me fine, despite the intrusive and transparent links to Micro$oft, data mining for email addresses, personal details etc etc. Given they have had me on their books since Windows 3.11, '95, '98 etc they had all that stuff anyway. Just not willing to add to it in these increasingly data sensitive days.

In an ideal world I'd like a phone which would allow me to install my own preferred flavour of Linux. This has proved to be the answer with all my personal laptops and PC's, even for the techno-phobic Luddite other half.

Rumours persist of someone trying to build and market a Linux mobile but there doesn't seem any reasonable likelihood of it ever getting off the ground and, even if it did, likely prohibitive cost.

Oh well, pipe dreams and slippers..
    I mentioned Android because realistically you have 2 choices.

Apple
    Or an Android Phone

There have been many pretenders that have not endured

BlackBerry with QNX (Now out of the market completely)
    Microsoft
    Samsung with Tizen
    Firefox with a Linux based phone

Even Amazon tried

And all have failed because they will not be able to compete with the current App eco space

Until someone comes out with something that completely revolutionises the way people behave. I believe we are stuck with these 2 for the foreseeable future

Innovation will not change people’s perception

Rides
    I hear people say they want privacy, and then they use Google Maps. Or Gmail. Or Chrome. Or Google. Or Facebook. Or WhatsApp. Or Alexa. Or voice commands on Xbox. Or Cortana. OK, I don't actually know anyone doing that last one.

I think what we really need is legislation to stop companies being c**ts, which the EU at least seems to be kee......ahhhhhh B*LLOCKS!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    I hear people say they want privacy, and then they use Google Maps. Or Gmail. Or Chrome. Or Google. Or Facebook. Or WhatsApp. Or Alexa. Or voice commands on Xbox. Or Cortana. OK, I don't actually know anyone doing that last one.

I think what we really need is legislation to stop companies being c**ts, which the EU at least seems to be kee......ahhhhhh B*LLOCKS!
    Yep GDPR goes some way to protect us from the Patriot Act... but as you say

And the UK government is introducing something to piss the tech companies off so...