Thread: 180SX 4- 5 Stud hub conversion...ABS though

Rides

180SX 4- 5 Stud hub conversion...ABS though

I know its been done to death...and I have read through many previous posts which has just lead to confusion...

My car is a 98' 180SX with ABS (don't need or want the ABS fyi)

I am only able to find front ABS hubs at the moment, I've read that the only difference between ABS/Non ABS hubs is the ring gear for the sensor...can anyone confirm this ?
    Will these fit my car ( https://www.jdmgarageuk.com/outlaw-p...abs-model.html )

I am also told running stock S14A hubs and discs is a straight swap...I've also read however (general consensus) that the front lower control arms also need to be changed...I've also read you need to change the entire front hub/knuckle assembly itself...This is where the confusion has come about

Been told I can just re-drill my discs but I'm not on a tight budget, quite happy to purchase new discs...nor am I looking to bodge or cut any corners!
    My shopping cart currently consists of OEM S14 discs front and rear, Hardrace s14 rear hubs and the 'outlaw products' front ABS S14 hubs I have linked above

Long and short...I want 5 stud hubs and to be able to retain the stock caliper FOR NOW...IF AND HOW IS THIS DEFINITELY possible

Can anyone help a brother out

Cheers

Rides
    A friend of mine did the S14 front conversion and yes, he had to change the entire knuckle and LCA. Then the rest just pops in. But I think you will need S14 calipers, not sure. I think the disc is bigger.

Rides
    ive a feeling that s13 and s14 rear discs are different.

Rides
    Front you need the whole S14 knuckle, axle is different size and S14 hub won't fit on S13. Or you get S13 5 stud hubs off e-bay that fit S13 axle.

S14 front knuckle has bigger M14 bolts to strut, S13 has M12 bolts. Put a bit of tube in the hole to reduce the S14 knuckle bolt hole. (I think 10mm straight copper pipe joints work.)

S14 front knuckle ball joint has different taper and S13 ball joint will wobble around - not good. S14 LCA has correct ball joint but is +5mm longer so +10m track, then you need pillowball top mounts to correct camber. Or you get a moog S14 ball joint and fit it to the S13 LCA.

S14 has a calliper handbrake, S13 has a drum in the rotor. Rear you only replace the hub/axle and re-drill the S13 disc.

Rear, if you want (heavy) vented rear discs fit 300ZX/Skyline disc and 2 piston calliper as they use same drum handbrake and are 5 stud.

300ZX alloy rear knuckle bolts in (there are/were instructions somewhere for 240SX) with the tapper adaptor on ball joint (std on 300ZX but often got left on ball joint in breaker's lower arm). Being lighter alloy it offsets the weight of the vented disc but has different shock eye/shackle (S14 style I think) so a custom shock would be needed.

Rides
    4 to 5 stud spacers are the easiest option if all you want are 5 stud wheels.