Thread: S14A ECU Help

Rides

S14A ECU Help

Hey guys,

Sorry if im being stupid here but I'm new to this car so am looking for a bit of advise.

I'm going to be putting a standalone ECU in my car soon (undecided which one as of yet) and I was just wonderign exactly what I need to I dont end up wasting the mappers time.

My S14 currently has a T28R, Front mount, standard injectors and a Mishomoto Rad. I also has an AEM wideband fitted and a boost guage.

I have bought fuel pressure regulator to fit to it aswell before taking it to them. Is there anything else I will NEED to make the car mapable? Im not aiming for big power or anything i would just liek to have the option to change a map and make the car run perfectly with the sligtly bigger turbo and so on.

If there is anything that I need could you give me an example of the best one?

Cheers

Josh

Rides
    I wouldn't bother going standalone ECU for your power levels. Just get a recap from Jez at horsham developments. Its plug and play as long as you have the supporting mods and very reliable. If you were going big turbo and all supporting mods and are happy to spend thousands then go standalone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    In fact.. I ran what you have, also had full turbo back exhaust, colder plugs and 255 fuel pump and upped the boost to 10psi. The stock ECU can cope. I made 276bhp on the stock injectors and ecu.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hi Josh. I personally don't think you even have enough modifications to warrant a re-map. You'd need some form of boost controller and an upgraded fuel pump to get to the point where you'd need to consider re-mapping. I'm with Crazy, there's no benefit whatsoever of a standalone ECU for your car until you're in the realms of much bigger turbos, injectors and boost pressures.

I also don't think your turbo is bigger either, it's just the ball bearing version of the standard turbo. Hope this helps.

Rides
    it don't need remapping in its current spec.

Rides
    Hi guys, I forgot to add I do have a Walbro 225 fitted. So would the general consensus be for for a stage 1 Horsham chip and fit a boost controller?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    You could go for a h-dev staged chip or just run 10-13 psi on the standard map.

As above, if you plan to upgrade the turbo further and run bigger injectors etc then you have several ecu options to choose from. Best bet is to speak to the person who you want to map your car and follow their advice.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I would say yeah, H-Dev is the way forward. Remember spark plugs of the right grade too.

How likely are you to change the turbo really? And exactly as Chris says, pick a tuner then pick an ECU. Better an average ECU with a great tuner that knows it well than an amazing ECU and an average tuner.

Rides
    I’m not likely to change the size maybe just buy the same size buy a top mounted version and a tubular manifold. But reading H-Devs website I could just take it back to them and get them to map that in couldn’t I?

Rides
    Stage 1a from h-dev would be a much better option at that stage of tune

Rides
    You wouldn’t ever top mount a turbo like that. It would be utterly pointless. As would a tubular manifold.