Thread: S14a prices

Rides

S14a prices

I'm looking for a s14a but they seem to vary so much in prices now I'm after one that hasnt been messed about with too much so standard or stage one id be happy with however what would be looking to pay for one in decent condition mileage dosent worry me too much as long as it has a good service history

Cheers
    Adam

Rides
    My honest advice would be, if you intend to treasure it, get as standard and clean as you can and pay the £7k-£8k that would command. The days of quality modifications seem to have died and the amount of shite parts and pikey workmanship makes the market a minefield.

Gone are the days of buying stage 3 cars and expecting them to last.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    My honest advice would be, if you intend to treasure it, get as standard and clean as you can and pay the £7k-£8k that would command. The days of quality modifications seem to have died and the amount of shite parts and pikey workmanship makes the market a minefield.

Gone are the days of buying stage 3 cars and expecting them to last.
    Agree with this tbh. I’d go for chassis and body condition over modifications on these cars now if you’re planning on keeping it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Personally I wouldn’t buy any s body in the uk now, as said above their either rot box’s, been modded by so many over so many years that there will be non stop surprises/weird issues, or if a decent modded one will end up being broken for parts as they’re worth more than whole..... so either look out for the odd unicorn that’s not been touched or clean shell..... or personally I’d look at the auctions and import one direct, I think for half decent with some subtle mods worked out around £4-5k landed last time I checked and ok you may have same issues with dodgy mods (especially wiring, we all know how jap custom wiring can be ) but at least it should be rust free and with the monies you’ve saved from not buying here I’d use that to undo or repair the mods the last crazy Japanese owner has made to get a clean rust free fresh import

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    The plan would be to keep it long term but I would be looking to do my own decent modifications to it , I was looking at importing one as not much seems to come up for sale in the uk at the moment well certainly not ones that I'd be looking at anyway , the main thing is finding one that's rust free or has minimal rust that also hasn't been drifted or has trashy modifications on it , so really I need to budget at least 10k to find myself something decent , ive emailed torque gt to see what prices roughly are for s14a landed , I'll still look around for decent uk models but looks like I'll more than likely have to take the route of personal import , I just need to see what the differences to uk spec and imports are, my brother had a s14a touring running stage 2a many years ago and I must say it was brilliant fun for a fast road set up surprisingly quick !

Rides
    JDM Garage and JM Imports are super good at importing.

Rides
    http://www.clavia.co.uk/200sx

Don't know if it's still available, but this looks nice

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    http://www.clavia.co.uk/200sx

Don't know if it's still available, but this looks nice
    Not going to find much better than that!

Are there really only 175 left on the road??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Not going to find much better than that!

Are there really only 175 left on the road??
    I would be surprised if there were only 175 manual versions - perhaps S14a in red?? and I'm sure someone will come along with more accurate numbers if not...

Rides
    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-1999/10451335

Non touring but low mileage (15k miles !!) and standard save for the odd bumper sticker... Advertised 10k but surely offerable with the faults....

Rides
    10k and you get shit paint, a rev counter with a mind of it's own, and no underside pics

s14 prices are ridiculous in all honesty, I'd love another but **** paying 6k+ for a standard uk spec one on over 100k which people seem to think they're worth (same cars that are for sale month after month) I've owned standard sbodies, they're ****