Thread: S14a rear bomerang mount repair

Rides

S14a rear bomerang mount repair

S14a rear bomerang mount is rusty
    Is there any repair panels for carrying out this repair?
    Or just start cutting it and rebuild with sheet metal
    I have attached a picture
    Dan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Following, I also need to sort this out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackg0416 View Post
    Following, I also need to sort this out
    I just want to point out this isnt my car mines mint I was doing a clutch on it but they want this doing as well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy94 View Post
    S14a rear bomerang mount is rusty
    Is there any repair panels for carrying out this repair?
    Or just start cutting it and rebuild with sheet metal
    I have attached a picture
    Dan

Have a look at my project thread. I rebuilt it all. Mine was no where near that bad. To answer your question, there are no pre made bits for it. You will have to make them. Angle grinder and steel does it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    plasma cutter is the daddy for chopping all this lot out.

Rides
    I got a repair section with a captive stud to oem spec from a member on here, not sure if he still does them? But failing that, most people just poly or solid mount rear subframe, then ditch boomerang anyway as they’re then redundant....

Just a word of warning to “mint” cars out there.... if boomerang or rear sill/lower arch is rusting out or a little scabby, chances are the inner sills are already rotten (just not showing on outters yet) so as prevention is better than cure and if you’d like to keep “mint” whilst doing welding it might be worth cutting off outters and checking condition of inners before they get very bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I’d still run the boomerang mounts when using polly bushes personally.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    It was spicyweasle who used to do all the repair bits. I think he stopped a long time ago however. Not hard to make it all yourself if you are happy to spend the time and have a little imagination and will.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    It was spicyweasle who used to do all the repair bits. I think he stopped a long time ago however. Not hard to make it all yourself if you are happy to spend the time and have a little imagination and will.

That’s the guy crazysx! His username was making me draw a complete blank then yeah he stopped due to personal situation from memory, wasn’t sure if he’d started doing a few bits again or still taking a break as I haven’t really been active for a while tbh? Although as I purchased some of his sections, even though you can make yourself, I’ll vouch that his were spot on lol and loads better than I could’ve crafted lol

And Chris, I’ve heard a few say that with polys, heard a few say otherwise.... but personally won’t ever run polys on any of mine think solids feel better and are safer on a rwd (especially if driven hard)..... so if there’s doubt, to me that’s another plus for solid mounting rear

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    That’s the guy crazysx! His username was making me draw a complete blank then yeah he stopped due to personal situation from memory, wasn’t sure if he’d started doing a few bits again or still taking a break as I haven’t really been active for a while tbh? Although as I purchased some of his sections, even though you can make yourself, I’ll vouch that his were spot on lol and loads better than I could’ve crafted lol

And Chris, I’ve heard a few say that with polys, heard a few say otherwise.... but personally won’t ever run polys on any of mine think solids feel better and are safer on a rwd (especially if driven hard)..... so if there’s doubt, to me that’s another plus for solid mounting rear

Yes there is no doubting his skills. I am the same as you, not on here often. I bought my outer sills from him. I think they were one of the last few he did. Not sure there would be enough demand now.

Although I think there are a few sellers on ebay for sills.

Rides
    Fair enough pal, I remember you used to be active when I was tbh lol yeah I was same, think I got his last lot, had 1 boomerang mount and full length outter sills.... I needed both boomerang mounts welded in the end, so garage fitted his one side, then just blank plate the other, so couldn’t fit mounts if I wanted then they chopped one rear section to over plate both rear sills, so was a total waste of specific panels yeah I’ve seen a few guys selling sill sections on fleabay since..... not sure on quality or fit? Especially when ka skills are pretty damn perfect and under £20