Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

Rides
    Still here, with just about working 4G63 powered Sil80.

s13-blacks.jpg

Rides
    I still miss my old s14, it went like the clappers and was akin to kicking over a wasps nest sometimes but it was always fun.

Even today stg1 s14s are still rapid even with modern cars seemingly having no end of performance.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezz_S13 View Post
    Still here, with just about working 4G63 powered Sil80
    That didnt take too long at all ........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Alot of the archives info are gone. Dead links, photos missing. When I started out 14 years ago I remember you could post a question and get a real answer within half an hour which was amazing. Now any question apart from "which rim looks best" seems to go unanswered or is answered with guesses. :-(

The members forum is just as bad. I was having issues with my NATS.
    We made a bit of a decision earlier this year that we were going to wind the club element back due to lack of interest but we are committed to keeping the technical support available for current and future owners.
    Ive just done a search for NATS in S14 Technical and got pages of results back, what dead links are you seeing? Unfortunately photos not displaying is unavoidable since Photobucket started being twats.

We didnt ever make the NATS schematics public for obvious reasons, I remember we had a policy of removing posts on how to disable it too - this might be why youre struggling a bit.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    Still here although I don’t have the s14.3 most of it is making its way into the new project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    We made a bit of a decision earlier this year that we were going to wind the club element back due to lack of interest but we are committed to keeping the technical support available for current and future owners.
    Ive just done a search for NATS in S14 Technical and got pages of results back, what dead links are you seeing? Unfortunately photos not displaying is unavoidable since Photobucket started being twats.

We didnt ever make the NATS schematics public for obvious reasons, I remember we had a policy of removing posts on how to disable it too - this might be why youre struggling a bit.
    ECU remaps can disable NATS.

I may have to challenge you to a drag race. Supercharged 370 vs your BMW

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Doc, if the clubs dialling back on club activities, will we still be having a Weekender? The kids are now old enough to leave with mother-in-law overnight with minimal hassle and I'd love to see everyone again and have a weekend of chattting cars etc!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    No plans for another weekender currently mate.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Awww Will just have to give you and Ben lots more notice next time we're down that way then! Although current plan is that we're moving back to Devon in the next year or so...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ahh cool. It’s been pretty crazy of late, can’t even remember the last time I spoke to Ben tbh, it’s been a while
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Doc, if the clubs dialling back on club activities, will we still be having a Weekender? The kids are now old enough to leave with mother-in-law overnight with minimal hassle and I'd love to see everyone again and have a weekend of chattting cars etc!
    I want another weekender at the Bugatti Owners Club.

Ben Taylor can bring his Aston Martin

I will bring Olive

Rides
    Not talking about Bungle btw

Rides
    Weekenders are a problem for a few reasons:

Bigger tracks (Snetterton, Donny, even Blyton) are much more expensive these days and with the reduced numbers we have its not viable for us to commit to paying what they are asking.
    Smaller tracks including Prescott Hill/Bugatti owners are booked up literally years in advance, again we cant make this kind of commitment when we have no idea how many people will actually come.
    The club van has now been sold as it was costing us money but not seeing very much use, the money will be put towards keeping the information on here available hopefully indefinitely.

If a few people want to use the forum to organise something then go for it but weekenders as we used to know them arent really possible now unless you know someone who is prepared to underwrite at least £15K ........

Rides
    Is that how much they cost?

Btw I know of a Jap car meet we can descend on

Rides
    The cheap ones are £15K, the bigger ones £20K+ and thats without catering etc. ............ its not cheap. For reference the last time we took Prescott I think it was about £7500

Rides
    I don't have an S13 any more.

Precious came back up for sale about 6 months ago and is being looked after by Jonny in Kent. She's still in the same spec as I sold her in 2017. Gracie is currently for sale. Ruby went to the drift graveyard in Ireland. I don't know what happened to my S14a that I sold in 2002.

I'm currently driving a loan car as my 2014 XKR is in pieces in a Jag place after going in for a service this morning

I still have the Impreza bought new in 2010 and haven't got around to selling as well as 3 bikes.

2020 may see me keeping the Impreza and selling the Jag as unsuitable for narrow roads.

No plans to go back to 200 ownership

Random picture of precious taken just before I sold her....

Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 06-01-2020 at 19:24.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    The cheap ones are £15K, the bigger ones £20K+ and thats without catering etc. ............ its not cheap. For reference the last time we took Prescott I think it was about £7500
    Yes but everyone talked about it

Rides

What she was like. Btw better than an MC5

Rides
    MX5

Rides
    Took me a while to read all that... Anyhow I've not been here long and you can say I'm the younger generation (you all seam very old) at 25, as far as the fourm thing i find it's 100% better than any Facebook group, the knowledge here is far superior and a better atmosphere.

I have been trying to encourage my generation (soz old folks) to join up as its a good resource.

I find it pretty cool you all having your trip down memory lane I hope i get to the same stage as sad as it is , I can't contribute much else to this post as I'm too young, but good to see some old members back in for a laugh!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk