Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

Rides
    I was on here many moons ago and for some reason thought I'd take a peek back in.

Sold my last s13 in bits probably over 10 years ago now and haven't had anything interesting since have had new cars the last 4 years (skoda superb) as I get older I'm less inclined to crawl about on the floor with rust and oil dropping on my face........having said that I've just finished an engine swap on a heap of sh#t talbot express motorhome that for some reason I persevere with, guess I like having a project on the go.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Well I have chosen my new car

It’s a Honda because they are ultra reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Still got mine , bought her 2009 !
    Changed a lot recently and in the process of a full rebuild .
    Been stockpiling parts for the last couple of years while getting my business up and running , now starting to build her back up ! I have a 22vet In it now, vertex edge widebody , some other nice bits , syvecs , full race twin scroll , custom work wheels .
    Should be really nice when all is said and done !
    Not sure how much longer I will keep her as I want a yank truck next ha ha hopefully find a way to have both .
    I Got a diesel Audi Avant for a daily so got used to the comfort of that a bit now I’m getting older so will be interesting to see if I still enjoy the 15 after a few years out of it see what happens when she’s back on the road , hopefully this year !
    Had a few different looks along the way , this is how She looked the day I liked her up

And this is how she is looking currently

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Top build, used to follow it on s15oc
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Top build, used to follow it on s15oc
    Cheers dude yeah there is a mega long build thread on there ha ha lots of different looks along the way. Should be good if I ever get it finished

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Hey up Teggers. Hope you and the family are all well.

Although the Damson SX died due to too end engine failure with a side order of rusty mega fail. We reshelled her into another and I am the current owner from a line of SXOCers to own R436VWO

Meanwhile my little YRV Turbo you liked so much has moved onto another SXOCer further north and my 'work van' is now another rather silly but super yummy Nissan. Dream garaged achieved, haha. Only made possible by the lovely peeps at Greenlight insurance and a severe lack of common sense

Sent from my Moto using Tappytalk

Rides
    I've my S14a for 14 years now. :-) I always said that the site should be more focused on keeping SXs alive and maintained as they reach this ripe age rather than just drifting them to death. I'm still here but only check in every few months as the wealth of knowledge seems to have died with alot of the cars (broken/ dead links. Unanswered questions.) Which is sad to say.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    I've my S14a for 14 years now. :-) I always said that the site should be more focused on keeping SXs alive and maintained as they reach this ripe age rather than just drifting them to death. I'm still here but only check in every few months as the wealth of knowledge seems to have died with alot of the cars (broken/ dead links. Unanswered questions.) Which is sad to say.
    I agree. However I recently rejoined Facebook to find this new era of knowledge and chat and I just can’t find it?

Nothing but will a 9.5 fit on my S14 or why won’t my boost controller work. There is no way to find existing info on anything on Facebook. How has this managed to kill the forum??

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It’s all about the likes on Facebook, people are too lazy to use forums now as they’re not as easy.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I agree. However I recently rejoined Facebook to find this new era of knowledge and chat and I just can’t find it?

Nothing but will a 9.5 fit on my S14 or why won’t my boost controller work. There is no way to find existing info on anything on Facebook. How has this managed to kill the forum??

The CA18 Motor Enthusiasts group on Facebook is like going back 20 years and not in a good way. It's like starting from ground zero on knowledge and a little bit of info being a dangerous thing as they fill in the gaps with assumptions.

Even silly things like head bolts being stretch bolts. A few weeks ago Kev was told he didn't know what he was talking about and the offending comment was liked by about 30 people, all of whom have likely never taken a CA head off in their chuff

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post

Even silly things like head bolts being stretch bolts. A few weeks ago Kev was told he didn't know what he was talking about and the offending comment was liked by about 30 people, all of whom have likely never taken a CA head off in their chuff
    Ha, kev’s a noob, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Rides
    Is this off facebook?
    If so then its going to be full on windowlicker mode.

The sxoc has a massive amount of good quality material in its archives for the various S bodies, far more than a shit FB group would.
    Of course we have a lot of dribble as well but just put me on ignore and you will see at least a good 95% drop when searching.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post

I agree. I fuking detest Facebook or any of that social media sh1te, so don't go near it. Facebook has definitely killed the forum. "But menellials like Facebook...."
    It has turned the SXOC into a social media site rather than a car owners club. I am a owner and member of various Triumph clubs, and they are about maintaining, restoring and running the cars. That is what the SXOC should have became.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Is this off facebook?
    If so then its going to be full on windowlicker mode.

The sxoc has a massive amount of good quality material in its archives for the various S bodies, far more than a shit FB group would.
    Of course we have a lot of dribble as well but just put me on ignore and you will see at least a good 95% drop when searching.
    Alot of the archives info are gone. Dead links, photos missing. When I started out 14 years ago I remember you could post a question and get a real answer within half an hour which was amazing. Now any question apart from "which rim looks best" seems to go unanswered or is answered with guesses. :-(

The members forum is just as bad. I was having issues with my NATS. I remember back in the day you could get the full schematics in the members forum. Unfortunately I never took them as I never needed them. And that was when SXs were worth robbing.
    Last year I was literally asking for 4 months about NATS........and nothing.......not one answer in the public or member forum, any old links are dead..... so for over a year now my car has no NATS/ remote central locking. That is shocking for a club that is meant to be for "SXs".
    And fuk Facebook.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nats1 or nats2

Not sure about nats1 but with nats2 the central locking and the immobiliser are separate. If it’s just the remote locking that isn’t working that’ll be related to the acu under the stereo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nats1 or nats2

Not sure about nats1 but with nats2 the central locking and the immobiliser are separate. If it’s just the remote locking that isn’t working that’ll be related to the acu under the stereo.
    Yeah it's NATS2. It's definitely the ACU as it works when it is cold, but stops receiving commands from the key fobs when the car sits in the sun or if I had the heating directed at my feet.

But my point being, that all other clubs that I am in are about fixing and maintaining the cars, with a few runs/ social outtings thrown in during the year. But the priority is building a wealth of knowledge that is available to everyone so that the cars are kept alive and on the road.
    Last edited by markcro; 29-12-2019 at 23:44.

Rides
    Say hello to RS13 #7 for me (S-body #8!)

Just got it out the garage yesterday for a quick hose down as I'm going to take it on a little road trip over new year

Hardly ever drive the bloody thing these days but hoping to make more of a habit of it next year!

Nice to see some old names on this thread, shame the forum is so dead these days

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Someone should do a "thread of the last decade(ok i know i know its next year)" or something.
    The sxoc gold threads are fun but i bet a lot have not seen them and how good this forum was in its heyday.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Someone should do a "thread of the last decade(ok i know i know its next year)" or something.
    The sxoc gold threads are fun but i bet a lot have not seen them and how good this forum was in its heyday.
    I’ve got a link to the thread of the decade here

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....X-S14a-Project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Say hello to RS13 #7 for me (S-body #8!)
    Bet it goes like a train.