Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

Rides
    I'm on my 3rd Sbody, S15r. I imported it roughly 5 years ago as 100% standard full Nissan service history car.
    The funky parts are: GT2871r, Poncams, Link ECU, electronic throttle, cruise control, KW V3's, Geomaster 3 fronts, Brembo's, Vertex lip+spoiler and good quality supporting mods. Professionally rust treated and under sealed again last year.
    So called fast road, occasional track car but other than a winter trip to French Alps early this year, it's basically an ornament.

Rides
    Bloody hell!

I remember getting in touch with the original forum that Dave Refault setup in 1999, thats 20 years! Back then you could buy a 5 year old car and it was still crap. Now you buy a 5 year old car and it is mint

Caleini, Scolding and Carter put me on a road to ruin

Pointz (Rich) has my Engine. Jim has the suspension / brakes

I want a Honda S2000 while Olive is being done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    My join date surprised the hell out of me, didn't realise it had been that long. Sold the SX last year after it had done nothing for years, don't miss it, don't regret it. Done with cars completely unless I suddenly become rich. Found diving and MTB alot more fun. Getting to drive fastish as part of a job is enough for me these days.

Don't regret the time on here though. I have never been a very active member but love this forum.

Rides
    I’ve had my s14a for 10 years now. Doesn’t get out in the winter these days so I’ve resorted to a golf 1.6 fsi as a daily driver which is a bit dull.

The way I see it though is why shell out for a brand new car when you can have a JDM classic and a cheap run around you don’t mind parking in Sainsbury’s at the weekend.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    My thoughts exactly. Sticking with the Evo as the JDM classic and have the BMW as a relatively inexpensive reliable daily. I work in the motor trade so if I need any work doing it’s fairly inexpensive.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Managed to stick my last S13 into a wall at Santa Pod which actually worked out well as I was thinking of selling it as there was nowhere left to drift, I had a 350Z at the time as well so the S13 was never going to be used as real road car again. Must have been 7? years ago now I guess?

Life has gone well since then and Ive now got a 2ZZ converted MR2 and a 450 odd hp 135i that are both used as track cars, a Golf Gti for the missus, a V10 Phaeton as my daily and something red and Italian ...... and life continues to go well so Im really tempted to buy a clean S13, an R32 GTR and a FD RX7 (maybe an Evo8) and just watch them appreciate.
    Still miss my S13's but they would only be occasional drives or a full on drifter and Im bang into my trackdays these days so not sure I could face getting wet and dirty changing wheels and fixing shit that broke on a driftcar.

Still lve em though, would be amazed if I dont end up with another (S13) one day
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I did offer to give you a new shell when you kissed the wall. I just don't think you believed me when I asked what colour you wanted, think I had about 6 at the time.

ive had mine since 2005. id struggle to tell you what parts are original on it though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Managed to stick my last S13 into a wall at Santa Pod which actually worked out well as I was thinking of selling it as there was nowhere left to drift, I had a 350Z at the time as well so the S13 was never going to be used as real road car again. Must have been 7? years ago now I guess?

Life has gone well since then and Ive now got a 2ZZ converted MR2 and a 450 odd hp 135i that are both used as track cars, a Golf Gti for the missus, a V10 Phaeton as my daily and something red and Italian ...... and life continues to go well so Im really tempted to buy a clean S13, an R32 GTR and a FD RX7 (maybe an Evo8) and just watch them appreciate.
    Still miss my S13's but they would only be occasional drives or a full on drifter and Im bang into my trackdays these days so not sure I could face getting wet and dirty changing wheels and fixing shit that broke on a driftcar.

Still lve em though, would be amazed if I dont end up with another (S13) one day
    There are only 2 things red and Italian I would desire. A Ferrari or an Integrale

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    I did offer to give you a new shell when you kissed the wall. I just don't think you believed me when I asked what colour you wanted, think I had about 6 at the time.

ive had mine since 2005. id struggle to tell you what parts are original on it though.
    Triggers Broom?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    There are only 2 things red and Italian I would desire. A Ferrari or an Integrale

One he has. The other he covets from his neighbour lol

Rides
    Me and the SX had our 10 year anniversary in September... I still love it, and she still scares me!

Photo from the original advert, and now. From the outside its doesn't look like 10 years of work, but I think every nut and bolt has been off at some point, and pretty much every part has been replaced/ modified!

BEFORE-AND-AFTER

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Like the throwback picture idea

Now

1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Still got mine. Still drive it to work in the warmer months.

Rides
    One on road still being used and abused as a daily driver. M reg Aug '94, bought it May 2010 (week after my 1st one was crushed at 180K miles), had 130K miles on it, now on 195K miles. Needs quite a bit of work. Blue flame 3" exhaust, lowered 25mm, 300ZX/S14 front brakes, fabricated exhaust manifold, washers under wastegate bracket.

2x 3/4's + 1/2 in garages.

Mint green 2 tone auto on a G plate, about 20 foot of yellow chalk, blown head gasket, spun shell. Bought 2003 for £150 and it's called "Donor". Now it's about the best of the 3 and has only done 65K miles.

Dec '94 blue auto M reg, bought in Oct 2008 with 90K miles now on 140K. Front x-member has rotted out at tension arm bolts (got one to go in), front offside chassis rail has a big hole at ARB mount. Nearly the last UK spec S13 made. Mongoose exhaust.

I've just got VS and I have a 30ft x 25ft patch of land that I plan fill with a 3 car garage / workshop to restore them in. It's had planning permission for 3 individual garages in the past. There will be a hoist, not sure if it should be 2 or 4 post.

+ I've got most of the remains of my 1st one a '90 Exec that I stripped in 2010. Bought it in 2000, did 100K miles. So I've all got the bits convert one auto to manual. And I've acquired a few engines and gearboxes.

The big questions are.
    Should one be tuned and caged aka ruined?
    Should one should be converted to electric?

Rides
    Yes I named my 370 Olive

I kept my S13 looking pretty standard

But underneath it was heavily modified

That’s the rear subframe going back on

Rides
    Lightly modified and still driven regularly, I can't believe I've had this fourteen years.

11_cr.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Lot of respect for the regas
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I still have the Z32 also

They rust on the tailgate more than S13s do

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Lot of respect for the regas
    And they're freshly repainted as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    One he has. The other he covets from his neighbour lol
    Believe it or not hes brought the same car back from Spain and it now loves about 200m up the road from me, if it was MoT'd I could borrow it whenever I wanted to
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go