Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

Rides
    I am toying with the idea of getting an S2000 Mugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Mine went some 8 years ago. Stage 3a s14a 366bhp nismo s tune suspension big brake kit. A Great road car that was. I had the car 10years.
    I got out as we were planning a family so needed something sensible.... so got an M3 E46 (Actually is pretty good at doing the kid thing) had that 5 years.
    Then another child and wife was driving it to work and moaning about petrol, so the plan was hatched. Went to 2 cars, bought a Mondeo and have now a have a Westfield kit car
    Don't know why more peeps dont do this.
    Literally buttons to Insure, don't depreciate, parts are really cheap and the driving experience is so much fun, as raw as it gets (aero screen).

Rides
    Mine went in about 2006 I think Then I had the standard one for about 12 months ish before cutting my losses.

'Driving' a 2001 911 C2 these days - I say driving, because it's done so few miles it's barely worth having. Don't get time to drive. Then I have a Jag S type and a Golf GTi as runarounds.

More into my bikes these days.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Mine went in about 2006 I think Then I had the standard one for about 12 months ish before cutting my losses.

'Driving' a 2001 911 C2 these days - I say driving, because it's done so few miles it's barely worth having. Don't get time to drive. Then I have a Jag S type and a Golf GTi as runarounds.

More into my bikes these days.
    Erm can you rephrase that. Sorry mate me and Caleini had the 2 only best engines out of Rosenberg

It takes a hell of a lot longer. But hey, you have a 911 so it can’t all be bad

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Sorry mate me and Caleini had the 2 only best engines out of Rosenberg
    It's one of my biggest regrets in life that I stuck out the whole SE Nissan thing as long as I did. As an older man I'd have learned to cut my losses a lot earlier and to rely more heavily on a dish best served cold than karma.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Hey terry good to see you back on here. Still got mine tucked up in the garage, a mk4.5 mondeo estate daily, the series 3 landy and a little fiesta track car which is brilliant cheap fun.
    Hi Chris! Yup - still around!

I’m sorry Leon, AMG Line is like putting an M Sport badge on a BMW... you know it is (I’m not having a go)
    how very dare you!! My M-Sport is well quick innit blud!! Its az fast as an m3 cos of da badjiz!

Actually - the M-Sport pack was a side issue as I wanted the comfier adjustable seats due to a damaged back from snowboarding crashes. Although as a 123 bi-turbo diesel its not too bad on performance whilst still getting just under 50mpg. A re-map is on the cards - can't argue with keeping 50mpg, 260bhp and 510 nm of torque (as claimed by the mappers but trusted and recommended by the babybmw forum)

How big is your Garage? You have a Volvo and a Chrysler? I thought I was bad with 3.5 cars
    I really shouldn't but... '10 bmw 123d coupe, '05 toyota mk2, '94 Mitsi Evo 2 GSR, '02 Mini Cooper S, '13 Mazda CX5 "sport". Admittedly the last 2 are Bex's and she tells me I need to sell one of mine... There is also mother-in-law's Ka runabout that she never actually drives... Not all these live in a garage though!

Nice to see so many familiar names still here! And I may well see many of you next May...

Rides
    Yes my S14A is in the garage for winter (owned 14 years) with a S14 for 2 years before that.
    Daily’s a GT86

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Hi Chris! Yup - still around!

how very dare you!! My M-Sport is well quick innit blud!! Its az fast as an m3 cos of da badjiz!

Actually - the M-Sport pack was a side issue as I wanted the comfier adjustable seats due to a damaged back from snowboarding crashes. Although as a 123 bi-turbo diesel its not too bad on performance whilst still getting just under 50mpg. A re-map is on the cards - can't argue with keeping 50mpg, 260bhp and 510 nm of torque (as claimed by the mappers but trusted and recommended by the babybmw forum)

I really shouldn't but... '10 bmw 123d coupe, '05 toyota mk2, '94 Mitsi Evo 2 GSR, '02 Mini Cooper S, '13 Mazda CX5 "sport". Admittedly the last 2 are Bex's and she tells me I need to sell one of mine... There is also mother-in-law's Ka runabout that she never actually drives... Not all these live in a garage though!

Nice to see so many familiar names still here! And I may well see many of you next May...
    Well also, Michelle does have an Audi TT, a Smart for when she is doing Nursing rounds and a Kuga for when she wants to go Skiing... for gods sake lol

Rides
    Well also, Michelle does have an Audi TT, a Smart for when she is doing Nursing rounds and a Kuga for when she wants to go Skiing... for gods sake lol

I bought a 370z roadster and she is bitching about me Nismo ing it

Rides
    If i had a garage i would prob get another s14, although i am not short of space to park it i wouldnt be doing any work on it without a proper garage/pit now as i am far past the crawl under cars crap now.

Then again i have some lowering springs and hubcentric thingys to put on the Mx5 - just cant be arsed to do it. so prob not a good idea to get another car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    If i had a garage i would prob get another s14, although i am not short of space to park it i wouldnt be doing any work on it without a proper garage/pit now as i am far past the crawl under cars crap now.

Then again i have some lowering springs and hubcentric thingys to put on the Mx5 - just cant be arsed to do it. so prob not a good idea to get another car.
    I want some hub centric spacers for Olive

Rides
    Wassup teggers

Had an s14a - crashed it @ Brands Hatch, cut it up, sold a few bits and squashed what was left.
    Got an e36 325 - barry'd it up, hated it no matter how hard i tried to like it. Broke it and squashed what was left.
    Got a Stagea - loved it. The s13 bug put an end to ownership there after many happy miles.
    Got an S13 - loved it. Got it looking how I wanted it, running how I wanted then sold it (regret!!!!!)
    Got an E46 M3 - awesome car but never really fell in love with it. Sold it to Delboy on here.
    Got a 1966 Amazon 121. Currently being V8'd and put on air by Dal.

Rides
    Blast from the past

14a went in 2011 I think as I started to get into offroading and had a Discovery. Couldnt justify 3 cars at the time so the 200 went as i wasnt enjoying it anymore.

Bought a E39 530d as a daily, was nice but started to go wrong after a couple of years so decided I couldbnt be arsed fixing dailys so started to buy new.

Had 4 Focus STs, a Ford Edge (dont ask ) and a Ecoboost Mustang. Just replaced that with a Full fat V8 one and have a Mk4 Mondeo for Fishing etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Still have my S13, it's still an absolute heap and still needs a fairly thorough restoration, and I've still done absolutely nothing to it.

Like the OP I decided to double down on my mistakes and get an Evo

Rides
    I want some hub centric spacers for Olive
    I happen to have a pair of ultralite 15mm ones from my 14a lying around if you're interested?

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Wassup teggers
    Hiya! The Volvo sounds interesting! Inspired by anyone with big sideburns by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Still have my S13, it's still an absolute heap and still needs a fairly thorough restoration, and I've still done absolutely nothing to it.

Like the OP I decided to double down on my mistakes and get an Evo
    No mistakes for me - it fires up every time and everything works (other than the a/c but thats been removed) Off the road at the moment having a strip down and rebush (every single one) and a few period-correct tweaks. Which one did you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Blast from the past
    Lol! Yes, still around. Kids, house and work put a hold on a lot of things. Planning to move again next year and then hopefully I'll have more time to play with cars other than at work.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    No mistakes for me - it fires up every time and everything works (other than the a/c but thats been removed) Off the road at the moment having a strip down and rebush (every single one) and a few period-correct tweaks. Which one did you go for?
    An Evo 4, with no MOT, running problems and AYC issues. Anything else would be too easy?

Rides
    I stopped driving one about 12 years back, bought Cheekees car, got into financial trouble and had to stop, since I have acquired 4 kids so nothing exciting is big enough for the family and associated stuff.... Daily is a 530e (work) and an S-Max.

Cheekee, moved onto Jags. He had a 700bhp XK which was a monster but now has an XF daily with a v6 TT for his ring car.

Pointblank is still building his Ultima.......

Rides
    So nice to hear from so many familiar names, if not faces for some - I'm north of 40 now so the memory is not what it once was! Seen a couple of people recently whom I knew from here from years back and they've changed a bit!! Mind you, I suppose from their point of view, so have I (and not just the beard!)

Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    An Evo 4, with no MOT, running problems and AYC issues. Anything else would be too easy?
    Lol! No MoT on mine at the moment either but mainly as its "in development" It could go through an MoT now with new tyres and brake discs (a tad rusty) but I want it back on the road the way I want it and am in no hurry to do so. Its 25 years old now (Evo 2) and is starting to rise in value.

Rides
    Still got mine, I think I've had it for 13 years now, not used it much in the last few years.

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010

Rides
    I still lurk about, and although my s14a went almost 10 years ago now, it's still in the hands of another member, which is great.

Would love another, but I've got too used to 45mpg and not spending the weekends under cars, so can't see it happening.