Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Im still lurking even though I sold my S14a 4 years ago now - still miss it and cant help but follow 200sx/Silvia fan pages on FB and Instagram to keep up with the current trends and salivate over some of the great cars still out there all over the world. I fondly remember the good old days when SXOC was at the height of its powers, with huge turnouts at Japfest and the like, it was a hell of a run this crazy cub had, some amazing track days and meet ups, and the majority of the owners were fantastic both on here and in person. In the 14 years i had my 2x S14a's I made friendships that will likely last a lifetime and good memories that definitely will. Im glad this place is still going and that some of the OG's are still around, long may it continue
    Its gone!

Rides
    Last edited by jonny200sxs13; 09-01-2020 at 21:08.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I don't have an S13 any more.

Precious came back up for sale about 6 months ago and is being looked after by Jonny in Kent. She's still in the same spec as I sold her in 2017. Gracie is currently for sale. Ruby went to the drift graveyard in Ireland. I don't know what happened to my S14a that I sold in 2002.

I'm currently driving a loan car as my 2014 XKR is in pieces in a Jag place after going in for a service this morning

I still have the Impreza bought new in 2010 and haven't got around to selling as well as 3 bikes.

2020 may see me keeping the Impreza and selling the Jag as unsuitable for narrow roads.

No plans to go back to 200 ownership

Random picture of precious taken just before I sold her....

I daily a 1970 beetle instead of precious

Its winter, its cold, i have no heating in my beetle. am i insane? maybe?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny200sxs13 View Post

I feel that in my defender

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny200sxs13 View Post

Yes. lol

Its good that there is a bit of new (younger) blood coming into the club like Jonny and s13spooner and maybe taking it in a more "classic car club" direction ?

You're a very welcome addition.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 10-01-2020 at 10:17.

Rides
    I'm currently driving a loan car as my 2014 XKR is in pieces in a Jag place after going in for a service this morning
    Water pump by any chance? that seems to be the weak link. My service and MOT at local Jag shop in March ended up taking nearly a fortnight but I was happy enough flouncing about in their F-Pace.

Hi Teggers, I'm still here. Much has happened Citroen C5 Tourer daily and an XFR for V8 noises and general idiocy
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
    Water pump by any chance? that seems to be the weak link. My service and MOT at local Jag shop in March ended up taking nearly a fortnight but I was happy enough flouncing about in their F-Pace.

Hi Teggers, I'm still here. Much has happened Citroen C5 Tourer daily and an XFR for V8 noises and general idiocy
    Nope. Knocking from around the supercharger I guessed was a bearing and running problems/EM light coming on etc. They've had the supercharger to pieces and found the torsion spring has worn, the bearing both ends of the shaft have gone, there are grooves in the shaft and the snout. They also found large rust deposits in the upper sealed area of the snout which should be clean and dry. My guess is the Supercharger has been built in advance of the rest of the car and not stored in a dry place prior to assembly.

They've had the car all week and are now promising maybe Monday

Luckily, there is still two weeks left on the warranty as otherwise, I'd be looking at the wrong end of £1200 to fix.

And they gave me a Polo to ponce about in. Luckily, I have just parked it and I'm driving the Subaru.

Rides
    Polo loaner

Rides
    Still have a stripped 200SX S13 sporting genuine Kouki kit and painted midnight purple now. It's natural state is broken but occasionally runs, see my wanted thread for current needs (piston). it is taxed and MOTed, one of the few. It's had too many hours poured into it to let go of easily.

Also have a 370Z. I may be returning the interior of the S13 to somewhat more standard as needing to rent a car when I need more than 2 seats is silly. And then I also have to drive a crap rental.

Rides
    Nope. Knocking from around the supercharger I guessed was a bearing and running problems/EM light coming on etc. They've had the supercharger to pieces and found the torsion spring has worn, the bearing both ends of the shaft have gone, there are grooves in the shaft and the snout. They also found large rust deposits in the upper sealed area of the snout which should be clean and dry. My guess is the Supercharger has been built in advance of the rest of the car and not stored in a dry place prior to assembly.

Luckily, there is still two weeks left on the warranty as otherwise, I'd be looking at the wrong end of £1200 to fix.

And they gave me a Polo to ponce about in. Luckily, I have just parked it and I'm driving the Subaru.
    Ouch

Still, warranty is handy
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides

Thank god for the warranty.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    Thank god for the warranty.
    Yeah, he'd have to rob a few more Picassos otherwise

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Yeah, he'd have to rob a few more Picassos otherwise
    Many many more picassos needed Bloody tax man has today stiffed me for 3 times what the supercharger cost as my tax underpayment for 2018-19

Rides
    If you're going to take the risk of stealing a car to sell on, why go for a Picasso ffs?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    If you're going to take the risk of stealing a car to sell on, why go for a Picasso ffs?
    I'm a cubist lol.

Rides
    Evening all,

What a blast from the past this is! Sold my 14a about 13 years ago, but still pop on here every now and again, just to make sure the forum is still going, would feel very weird if it wasn't. It's strangely heart warming seeing some of the old guard still on here.

Random old memories of the forum pop into my head and make me laugh every now and again, Mr Akimoto, JB, Chris Bangle, that time someone embedded the "Stop Whining" sound clip into a post. That lad who got his dad to come on and stick up for him. Ralph Malph, Potsy, the Fonz.

Randomly my 14a was spotted a few years ago by one of the Stevenage crew being driven around the Isle Of Wight. Made some great pals on this forum and had some really great times.

Had too many cars to list since selling, mostly shit, only vaguely interesting ones from the list are a CLS55 (Mrs hated it) and a Mk7.5 Golf R which I took up to about 400bhp and was still dull. Weirdly I bumped into a couple of ex-SXOCers on the Golf R forum.

Given up on fast cars now, drive a Ranger and bought a plane.
    Last edited by Yakko; 13-01-2020 at 18:47. Reason: Really felt like it needed a Happy Days reference.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakko View Post
    Random old memories of the forum pop into my head and make me laugh every now and again, Mr Akimoto, JB, Chris Bangle, that time someone embedded the "Stop Whining" sound clip into a post. That lad who got his dad to come on and stick up for him. Ralph Malph, Potsy, the Fonz.
    There is an SXOC Gold section where aforementioned threads and some other classics can be found, its good entertainment for sure.
    Fancy Le Mans this year then?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Found while cleaning spare room today...

Got be getting on for 13yrs old

Definatley doesn't fit anymore

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Still here, still got my 14, still skint with a broken s body, maybe one day I’ll grow up...

Rides
    Did anyone lose a driftworks hoody at Blyden Park? Someone left it in the bin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk