Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides

Just wondering about the old guard (people on here for 10 years+)

How many of us still have a 200sx?

I sold mine 6 1/2 years ago (and still miss it!) and its replacement (Evo 2) is still here. My current daily is a BMW 123D M-sport coupe. And please, I know. I used to take the pi$$ a lot about BMW drivers and now I am one - trust me - my indicators don't cause it to explode and tailgating is far more likely to happen to me than to be done by me...

Anyone on here for 10+ years, do you still have a 200sx? If not, how long ago was it sold and what replaced it?

Rides
    I have half a one. Toying with the idea of turning it into a barbecue

I have a Z32 now which is still in bits, a W208 CLK 200 Kompressor (which is a hoot) and a Z34 roadster which is getting the Nismo Treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Still here. Got a 2000 S14 in the garage undergoing a build and a Golf 6 Estate daily for the dogs.

Rides
    I have a blue S14A that's in hibernation in the garage, dont drive it much once they have started salting the roads, I did a 1000 miles in it last year MOT to MOT.
    I have a Mercedes E class coupe 350d AMG line as a daily, I'm in the process of part exchanging it for an E class W213 350d AMG line, once you have had a Merc daily there is no going back
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 14-12-2019 at 19:00.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Hey terry good to see you back on here. Still got mine tucked up in the garage, a mk4.5 mondeo estate daily, the series 3 landy and a little fiesta track car which is brilliant cheap fun.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I have a blue S14A that's in hibernation in the garage, dont drive it much once they have started salting the roads, I did a 1000 miles in it last year MOT to MOT.
    I have a Mercedes E class coupe 350d AMG line as a daily, I'm in the process of part exchanging it for an E class W213 350d AMG line, once you have had a Merc daily there is no going back
    I’m sorry Leon, AMG Line is like putting an M Sport badge on a BMW... you know it is (I’m not having a go)

I have to say, you are right. Merc daily driver is “comfortable “ and a great Motorway cruiser. I have to say, do you have the raised 3 pronged star? They are great for sights when you are about to run a drunk over on Southend Sea Front (helps with the Aim )

Rides
    still have one and only had a 6 month spell without one in the last 15 years ( which is ****ing scary lol )

Rides
    I misplaced mine... i am sure its down the back of the sofa.

Rides
    I have 3/4s of one

I rb swapped a working road car and had 2 kids.
    So the one month work is 2 years now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Sold the s14 back in 2011, got a fireblade to fill the speed hole in my life.

VW touareg and crap-tastic civic now fill the parking spaces.

Keep considering another fast road car, but then remember the roads are shit and the reason for getting rid of the s14 in the first place

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I’m sorry Leon, AMG Line is like putting an M Sport badge on a BMW... you know it is (I’m not having a go)

I have to say, you are right. Merc daily driver is “comfortable “ and a great Motorway cruiser. I have to say, do you have the raised 3 pronged star? They are great for sights when you are about to run a drunk over on Southend Sea Front (helps with the Aim )

I don't have any AMG badges on it Ash because it isn't, the AMG line is the same as the M sport on the bmw's I'm only 42 years young and I think the SE looks like my dad should be driving it.

Not got the 3 pointed star on the front but you have given me an idea for my new one when it arrives

Rides
    Got all excited then but I’ve only had mine just over 9 years. Will post in this thread next year

Rides
    Lets be honest, anyone that has had an SX for more than one winter is a keeper..
    Most prob spin out into a tree first time they see a cold road.

Rides
    Sold the S13 and the R33 way back and I have never forgiven myself. So much so, I have another S13 shell to collect down London so I can begin yet another build.
    Daily is a transit custom with the Tucson family bus and a D22 pick up just for the hell of it.

Rides
    Had my L reg S13 since August 1996 and she's been my almost constant daily driver ever since.

Modded to stage 2 and (almost) utterly reliable, within the limits of usual consumables and a sensible regime of water pump and oil pump change. And three automatic gearboxes... but if you're running stage 2 @ 247bhp that goes with the territory.

Had / have the parts on hand to go stage 3 for the last four years, but it's always been a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. Same with most of the upgrade parts I have gradually accumulated and put away in storage over the years. Including full manual conversion gearbox and uprated bits.

My policy has been to wait until something has worn out or given way and then fit the upgraded parts in storage to fix and upgrade.

However, such has proved to be the quality of the car and its components when in daily use - and I think that is the key - I have hardly needed to. Instead I have accumulated a garage full of pristine new unfitted upgrade bits it seems I will not now ever use.
    Big brake kit and brackets anyone ? Side skirts various and other stuff I'll never fit ditto...

174K on the clock and still going, though I think I have to make some big decisions in the very near future.

Either keep and spend what it takes, or sell as a straight and honest motor with (literally) a shedload of spares and a garage full of unfitted new and upgrade parts.

What you might call my "Gracie Moment". 'twas hard for Jonny I know. A little less hard for me now past the bit 6 oh and moving on, but still hard.

Lying on my back on concrete and gravel in the cold or boiling sunshine (it's only ever one or the other) with water and oil peeing in my face while my hands no longer have the strength that they once did is seriously leading me to question my way ahead.

Really, a very difficult thing to think about and get straight.

Apart from my two sisters my ownership of this S13 is the longest, most rewarding and constant relationship with anything I have ever had. Do I spend £4 or £5K making her pristine and future proof to beyond the day I die, or do I cash out now for what the market will bear and buy an nice new reliable 60mpg+ eco box to trickle on to the golden gates with...

Tricky one.
    Last edited by Rochester; 15-12-2019 at 14:01. Reason: 1996 not 1986 obviously. D'oh...

Rides
    my 14a had some very dangerous holes in the body, so I scrapped the shell, I now have an S15 but its tucked away for winter.

my daily is an Insignia

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    Had my L reg S13 since August 1986 and she's been my almost constant daily driver ever since.

Modded to stage 2 and (almost) utterly reliable, within the limits of usual consumables and a sensible regime of water pump and oil pump change. And three automatic gearboxes... but if you're running stage 2 @ 247bhp that goes with the territory.

Had / have the parts on hand to go stage 3 for the last four years, but it's always been a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. Same with most of the upgrade parts I have gradually accumulated and put away in storage over the years. Including full manual conversion gearbox and uprated bits.

My policy has been to wait until something has worn out or given way and then fit the upgraded parts in storage to fix and upgrade.

However, such has proved to be the quality of the car and its components when in daily use - and I think that is the key - I have hardly needed to. Instead I have accumulated a garage full of pristine new unfitted upgrade bits it seems I will not now ever use.
    Big brake kit and brackets anyone ? Side skirts various and other stuff I'll never fit ditto...

174K on the clock and still going, though I think I have to make some big decisions in the very near future.

Either keep and spend what it takes, or sell as a straight and honest motor with (literally) a shedload of spares and a garage full of unfitted new and upgrade parts.

What you might call my "Gracie Moment". 'twas hard for Jonny I know. A little less hard for me now past the bit 6 oh and moving on, but still hard.

Lying on my back on concrete and gravel in the cold or boiling sunshine (it's only ever one or the other) with water and oil peeing in my face while my hands no longer have the strength that they once did is seriously leading me to question my way ahead.

Really, a very difficult thing to think about and get straight.

Apart from my two sisters my ownership of this S13 is the longest, most rewarding and constant relationship with anything I have ever had. Do I spend £4 or £5K making her pristine and future proof to beyond the day I die, or do I cash out now for what the market will bear and buy an nice new reliable 60mpg+ eco box to trickle on to the golden gates with...

Tricky one.
    Wow!!! This story is amazing!

Do not let this go! Even if you now have to pay a garage you’ve been through to much with this S13 to part ways!

Rides
    I'm still here

Still have my 527bhp S14A in the garage, done a few bits to it recently and will have it back on the road next year. I've had it almost 20 years now!

Daily drivers are Merc E350 Coupe or Volvo V90 Cross Country T6, but I also have a 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe and a 2011 V8 Vantage N420 to play with (and a Chrysler 300c SRT Design touring and a Mercedes CLK Cabrio).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I don't have any AMG badges on it Ash because it isn't, the AMG line is the same as the M sport on the bmw's I'm only 42 years young and I think the SE looks like my dad should be driving it.

Not got the 3 pointed star on the front but you have given me an idea for my new one when it arrives
    Oh you aren’t a whipper snapper S Series wannabe like much of the SXOC tended to be Thank God

I thought I outgrew the Nissan sports coupes then bought a 370z Roadster and decided to Nismo it

Apologies. I’m 47

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    I'm still here

Still have my 527bhp S14A in the garage, done a few bits to it recently and will have it back on the road next year. I've had it almost 20 years now!

Daily drivers are Merc E350 Coupe or Volvo V90 Cross Country T6, but I also have a 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe and a 2011 V8 Vantage N420 to play with (and a Chrysler 300c SRT Design touring and a Mercedes CLK Cabrio).
    How big is your Garage? You have a Volvo and a Chrysler? I thought I was bad with 3.5 cars