Thread: Max RPMs for Gizzmo set up?

Rides

Max RPMs for Gizzmo set up?

Sorry I realise there are a lot of threads on Gizzmo set up. I’ve read through a lot of them & discovered I had the setup well off when I put in a good few years ago, it actually seemed to work ok holding 16psi fine but never displayed the max boost.
    So I’m try to get it set up probably now, but I’m having trouble getting it to always record the max boost. The guides say to drive on full throttle but not for how long or up to what RPMs, I’d have thought you’d need to go right though the range but if I take it up close to 7k it never seems to record the max boost. But if I just have quick blast up to about 5k it seems to record the max boost fine.

So far I’ve have got:

10.5psi for duty 48
    11.5psi for duty 56
    13.8psi for duty 65

All with gain at 0

Car running stage 1a

I’m just worried I’m not actually getting full boost for those settings, I have seen it go higher on the gauge when taking to higher RPMs but as I said it won’t store the max boost then.

Rides
    You'll want do be seeing 17 psi with a stage 1a

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Has 17psi been found to be safe then? H-Dev said it may take a bit more with a big FMIC when I changed from stage 1 to 1a, the 1a chip had just come out when I got it!

It starts really chucking it down every time I go out so have only really been able to try the lower boost settings so far...

Rides
    I got a custom map from h-dev with stage 1a mods and I run 1.25 bar (18.3psi) on high boost using a Blitz EBC, to control how mush boost I want. I would get it put on a Dyno with afr and knock sensor if you do put 17 psi through it, just to be safe.

The generic maps have been found to work just fine but they do make them run a bit rich for safety.
    Last edited by finnnerz; 12-11-2019 at 16:22.

Rides
    Yes, a dyno would be the best, but I have a knock sensor installed & as you say the generic maps are a bit rich (it certainly uses enough super unleaded). Only taking it up to 5k I got 17.5psi last night & the knock sensor was happy (it is cold out at the moment though). But I’ll tweak it a bit more make sure the 17psi setting is right. Then probably run it at 15psi or so most of the time.

Rides
    I drive mine around on wastegate pressure most of the time, and crank it up when I wanna hand out gapperoni pizza haha

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Rides
    You want to rev it high in 3rd/4th. A standard t28 will peak and then drop off after 6k, you want 17psi to be the max it sees, it will not hold this to the limiter.

Easiest thing to do is ignore the 'max boost' it records, and get a passenger to watch the gauge and adjust until it peaks at around 17psi. Do a few pulls 1st-4th and ensure it doesn't spike then just leave it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    You want to rev it high in 3rd/4th. A standard t28 will peak and then drop off after 6k, you want 17psi to be the max it sees, it will not hold this to the limiter.

Easiest thing to do is ignore the 'max boost' it records, and get a passenger to watch the gauge and adjust until it peaks at around 17psi. Do a few pulls 1st-4th and ensure it doesn't spike then just leave it.
    Ah great thanks, my 10 year old son enjoys watching the boost pressure for me, on the whole the max it records is usually about right, maybe 1psi lower than the max he’s seen.

It has been recording more consistently lately, I think I may have be getting it set up with just the ignition on. I noticed it shut down for a second on startup the other day, that will take it out of the learning mode.