Thread: S13 ca18det injector issue

Rides

S13 ca18det injector issue

Hey all, i think one of my injectors has given up it's running on 3 cylinders. I have checked the coil packs and spark plugs and all is fine, also done a compression test and that is also fine. :-( does anyone have a spare one close to hastings east sussex that i can try before i buy a set :-) oh ca18det by the way.

Rides
    Pull the fuel pump fuse. Mark position and remove CAS. Switch on, put a rod against ear lobe and on each injector in turn, listen for clicks as you turn CAS. Unplug and put a 5W bulb in the plug, if it lights when CAS turned then the injector is duff. If it doesn't light check for 12V from dropper resistors and wiring to ECU.

Rides
    Excellent, thanks for the advice :-)

Rides
    Ok i have checked for the clicking and the injector in question doesn't click when the engine is running. I have replaced the injector now and it's still not working. How do you check the jecs/ dropping resistor exactly?

Rides
    All covered in ef&ec section of the manual here- http://www.kiruji.net/200sx/manuals/s13/

Rides
    Nice :-)

Rides
    Just had a good look through that. You sir are a legend, i'm going to give myself a crash course on how to use a multimeter and start checking :-) that manual literally has just cleared up what so many things are in the engine bay :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dotzero View Post
    Just had a good look through that. You sir are a legend, i'm going to give myself a crash course on how to use a multimeter and start checking :-) that manual literally has just cleared up what so many things are in the engine bay :-)
    No problem bud

Rides
    And the S13 is so simple all you need is a multimeter and a test bulb.

When checking for 12V or feed from a dropper resistor put a bulb on it. Poor connections / splices in loom can show 12v on a meter but when it has to pass current it fails.

Rides
    Thanks for the info. 1i have now tested the drop resistor and it is faulty. I have already found a new one and it works perfect now :-) thanks again guys