Thread: What's it worth - newly built S14 race car

Rides

What's it worth - newly built S14 race car

So I'm getting close to finishing the build of a project I bought about 5 years ago and need to start thinking about moving it on as this is one too many race cars for my wife's liking!

It started from a completely rust free, low mileage S14 that has been stripped, seam welded with a Custom Cages weld in Clubman cage.

Engine was also completely stripped and rebuilt with new rings, turbo (GT28RS), oil pump, water pump, Horsham Dev Stage 3 (but do need to double check that as not 100% sure) & ancillary parts. It's only been started a few times to move it around the car park since the rebuild, so it still needs to be run in!

The loom's been lightened, fire extinguisher and rain light have been added.

It's running high spec front brakes, hydraulic handbrake (in case someone wants to use it for drifting) and a raft of other race parts including plastic rear screen, adjustable arms, coilovers, 1.5 way diff etc.

The car has been resprayed inside and out in white and it has orange 17" wheels with R888 tyres (can't rememeber what they are though!).

Some pictures of the car a few weeks back (please note, still not finished!)

Car will be sold with 12 months MOT

Will work through the full spec and post up a full advert with decent pics in the coming days but I'd be interested in your thoughts on what it's worth??

Rides
    You'll need much more detail before anyone can price that. If you're going to advertise it as a racing car, you'll also probably want to explain what series it's eligible for.

Rides
    You know you want it Pi!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    You know you want it Pi!!!!
    Ha, no thank you. It would be cool but I've got my hands full. Just trying to help the chap get a number.

Rides
    Thanks for the thoughts so far. I’m going to get a full spec run down in the next few days.

In the meantime, am i right in thinking standard low mileage cars are now 7-8k? Or have I just seen some very optimistic sellers? Any guidance on where the markets at would be much appreciated as it looks like there’s no where near as many as these S14/14as around as there used to be!

Rides
    Yes standard low mileage cars are 7 to 8K. You can't compare yours with those because it's a race car.

Rides
    I agree with Dastardly, I don't think you can compare either because of the configuration of the car, but I also think that price range would be reasonable for your car. That's only my opinion though because it sounds simple but sorted with some parts that are worth a few quid. It has a number plate so I assume it's road legal, and that's always going to be a good selling point.

I'm not sure I'd advertise it as a race car though unless it was eligible for a particular series. Otherwise it might resonate with the target audience to advertise it as a grip focused road legal track car. But again, just my 2p.