Thread: Esure. Doesn't pay to be loyal.

Rides

Esure. Doesn't pay to be loyal.

I've had a renewal quote from Esure for my daily, been with them for 3 years paying roughly £280... started with 0 no claims and up to 3 years now.

Got a renewal figure of £330, I call them today to discuss best quotes and to remove my ex gf from the policy, lady says ok that'll be £550 for the year then, to that I say

Admiral have just got my business, £230 for the year, thank you very much

How do these muppets expect to retain business if they act like this ??

Rides
    Ex gf probably lowered your policy. But that’s still a big increase

Rides
    She was only on the policy for 1 of the 3 years. Back when I added her the price went up from £250 to £280 for the year. The lady on the phone tried to blame me taking her off for the increase but surely it can't go up when I add her and the go up again when I take her off
    Last edited by sx rider; 10-09-2019 at 13:53.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They were really good for me. Rang them up to tell them that I’d fitted non standard alloys and a tow bar to my daily and they gave me a £40 refund.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That’s good to hear!

It’s a shame I didn’t want to change. Customer retention is low priority. I swap between sky and Adrian flux for the 200 when they play games

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Have you tried greenlight for the sx? Sky were never really competitive for me and I’ll never touch flux again after one too many bad experiences. Greenlight haven’t ever really seem to of loaded my renewal premium.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Admiral will increase next year, I guarantee. They all try it on. For every insurance and utility and purchase you need to shop around. Always have, always will. The good news is it's made a lot easier now with this thing called the internet.

Rides
    Yeah very true. I was signed up to admiral within 20 mins of telling Esure I was leaving them.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Have you tried greenlight for the sx? Sky were never really competitive for me and I’ll never touch flux again after one too many bad experiences. Greenlight haven’t ever really seem to of loaded my renewal premium.
    I did try them a while back but their quote wasn’t competitive! If Adrian flux try it on next year I’ll give greenlight another go. I’ve moved away from flux 3 times, this is my 4th stint with them!