Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll centre correction

Rides

Roll centre correction

Im looking for a solution for roll centre correction on my PS but without going down the road of all of this super duper lock kit drift boi stuff, its for more of a track/ street sense now I have lowered it.
    is there anything out there to correct this,
    I know the US has a good few solutions but do we? all I have found is driftworks knuckle replacements which increase the camber by quite bit I'm told and my top mounts will only do so much.

Rides
    Hatdrace roll centre correction ball joints and track rod ends

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Do gktech not offer a solution? I’m running the hard race balljoints and trackrod ends on my s14 and they have helped.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Just looking at the hard race ball joints which seem good but a geeky as it sounds, do you have any idea how much roll centre they correct?
    ill have a look at the GKtech kit now

Rides
    The balljoints do about 10mm

Rides
    I’ve got brand new hardrace rear ball joints, 180sx arms and new poly bushes if you wanted to refresh the rear in one go ��.

Rides
    I don't think 10mm will be enough of a correction, I take it the ball joint option wouldn't be able to correct huge amounts.
    maybe looking into the knuckle option would be what I need because you can correct unto 45mm roll centre with those. just don't like the large amounts of camber associated with them

as for the rear though Adam ill have a measure this weekend and see if around 10mm will help me out, could you PM me a price pretty please

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    I don't think 10mm will be enough of a correction, I take it the ball joint option wouldn't be able to correct huge amounts.
    maybe looking into the knuckle option would be what I need because you can correct unto 45mm roll centre with those. just don't like the large amounts of camber associated with them

as for the rear though Adam ill have a measure this weekend and see if around 10mm will help me out, could you PM me a price pretty please
    When I bought mine I’m sure I read they corrected 20mm. I know the track rod ends do 20mm.

Rides
    Big fan of the Hardrace RC BJ’s. My car’s fairly low and used to bump steer all over the shop. It now doesn't. Massively overlooked yet essential upgrade imo.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 07-09-2019 at 15:32.

Rides
    Yeah I completely agree being an overlooked upgrade for sure,
    its not as stable as id hoped so just tracking down the issues to bring it back up to what it should be. bloody interesting to say the least

Rides
    Definitely recommend the forged anti Bumpsteer track rod ends and taller ball joints from hardrace. Also
    Got fully adjustable bushed arms back n front and comfy coilovers car feels great :-)

Rides
    Well in the end I went for a new set of front knuckles and rack offset bushes which correct not only bump steer but roll centre too and hardrace rear roll centre correction ball joints (thank you Adam).
    Out of all my years of lowering my cars for some reason I just haven't stopped and thought about how much it messes with the geometry of the car........ must be me getting older and wiser

Rides
    Don’t Geomaster 3’s do all this without needing any special rods or joints?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The ideal solution but monies.

Rides
    True. They're not cheap, but they look to save so much work. I am going to give them a run on mine.

Rides
    True. They're not cheap, but they look to save so much work. I am going to give them a run on mine.
    #moneybags
    #thoughtyour14wasntgoingtobeserious
    #nobodylikesashowoff

Rides
    Behave. I won't be spending lots of money on it, but I always suffered tramlining and bumpsteer on the road in the White one.

Rides
    Ok, so what's the difference between the GK Tech grip knuckles and the Geomaster 3? Apart from £150

Rides
    Just longer Tie rods or rod spacers.
    Your ABS sensor will be stuck in the old knuckle, so a pair of Pug ABS sensors too (cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Ok, so what's the difference between the GK Tech grip knuckles and the Geomaster 3? Apart from £150
    Geomasters 3 have faster steering due to reduced Ackerman, can accept ABS sensors
    GKTech grip knuckle have stock steering speed/Ackerman, can accept ABS sensors
    GKTech grip/drift hybrid knuckle, faster steering, can not accept ABS sensors (equivalent to Geomaster 3 setup as settings 1)
    GKTech Drift knuckle... (equivalent to Geomaster 3 setup as settings 2)

I have Geo 3's fronts on my 'fast road' S15. Personally I really like the faster steering as it's not over done, Modern car quickness with a hydraulic rack.

Rides
    I must admit i went for a set of front Geomaster 3 knuckles in the end as it seemed like a good all round solution with the added bonus of quicker steering, only problem is i brought them second hand off a gent on the mighty ebay which im still waiting for them to arrive
    i hope i wont get done over, really looking forward to trying them out. the PS13 has some chassis geometry gremlins after lowering which i hope to get sorted.

dare i say it but for fast road/ track what alignment figures are you guys running?