Thread: To bm57 or Not?????

Rides

To bm57 or Not?????

Hi folks, can't seem to find the answers I am looking for in other threads (if I have missed a thread giving me info, some one point me in the right direction :-) )

Right car is getting a good overhaul . So while easyier to do bits n pieces my last one is Wether to up the brake master cylinder or not? Brake specs are- wilwood superlites running blue stuff pads, and 345 mm c-grooved disc's up front rears are z32 setup with bluestuff pads and again c grooved disc's. Running dot 5.1 fluid the car is my stage 2a daily Driver, so fast road driving.

Is it worth going the bm57 route? What are the main benefits? Or is it just a case of driver preference?

Oh and before anyone says ebc pads are shite etc etc. I've loved the bluestuff and used them for a few years now with no issues and dam good braking

Rides
    Definitely imo. Mine with k sport 356mm fronts and z32 rear felt spongey on the pedal and abs kicked in too easily, all sorted when I changed to mb57 though
    Last edited by sx rider; 02-09-2019 at 21:45.

Rides
    BM57's a decent upgrade imo. For road use the larger servo is nice and sharp but I felt it was too much for track driving. So, I kept the MC and switched back to the old servo.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Bm57 improved my pedal feel with my willwoods and z32 set up, now I’m running brembo fronts the pedal is better still.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I’ve got one if you need. Abs one.

Rides
    cheers guys, think i maybe swayed towards trying one, suppose i can always go back :-)

AdamRPS13 will pm you :-)

Rides
    do i need the servo to? or do you just use the master cylinder?