Thread: In need of a measurement on a CA18DET if any one can help???

Rides

In need of a measurement on a CA18DET if any one can help???

Hey peeps,

I need a measurement from the back of the engine on a CA18DET if anyone has an engine sitting on a stand or the floor with no flywheel on it.

The measurement is from the rear block face (where the bell housing of the gearbox bolts on to), to the rear crankshaft face (where the flywheel bolts to).

Can anyone help as my engine is in bits at the moment and can't get the measurement till i assemble it.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Rides
    According to the engine in my garage it's ~12mm from crankshaft face to block face. Bear in mind I held a straight edge to the crank face and the end of a steel rule on the block face for my accuracy... or lack of.
    It's only ~3mm from crankshaft face to the next thing that sticks out though (housing for the crank oil seal)
    I dont have that plate that sits between the gearbox and block to measure if that's of any relevance to whatever you're planning

Rides
    Thank you very much buddy, that's exactly what i need. Im fitting a CD009 on my CA18 so having a made twin plate clutch with flywheel made, but my engine is still in bits and block is at the engineers so can get the measurements.

Once again thank you so much.

Tony