Thread: Aftermarket speedo

Rides

Aftermarket speedo

Hi all

So here goes. I have stripped my car. Rebuilt it. Tucked all the engine bay wiring. Repinned the ecu plug removing everything I dont want. I have built a new guage cluster into the old guages.

Now speedo......

I have a speedo from cai gauges that accepts pulse per mile. So far so good. I have the wires ready to plug into it. But for the the calibration I can either drive a mile exactly letting it count the pulses itself or. Find out the ppm of the vehical speed sensor. Do some exact maths with diff ratio etc. From what I read doing the exact maths is more accurate. The only thing holding me back is knowing the ppm of the vss.

Can anyone help me with this info please. Searched the web and the workshop manual. On another note all the manuals I have downloaded all seem to be missing page 114 and 115 in the wiring diagram sections which is to do with speedo wiring

Rides
    what gearbox?

Rides
    2000 pulse per mile 12v DC square wave.I found it here https://forums.nicoclub.com/vss-puls...le-t46158.html

Rides
    Not sure of the code but its standard s14a gearbox manual 5 speed

Rides
    Cheers Andy. I seen that also but further down it seems as though he had a problem using that value in his setup. Then some maths to do with frequency which as good as I am with auto wiring, when it comes to things like that it goes straight over my head.