Thread: Extending front lower arms questions!

Rides

Extending front lower arms questions!

Hi guys. Be gentel !
    Car is currently under going rust repairs and have decided to go srb non vented front fiberglass wings. 25mm wider than stock, issue I may have is the current wheels I run are advan model 5's 18x8 with 30 offset running 225 40 18 yokohama ad08r's. Really want to stick with themy just not keen on running to big spacers. Currently run 15mm spacers on thefront. So guessing I am going to need 25-35mm ish spacers. Is there any thing else I can do like pushing out the hubs etc?

Currently setup is apex comfy coilovers, hardrace bushed adjustable caster arms, hardrace track rod and forged antibump steer rod ends, and hardrace taller ball joints.... any other options? The car is my daily ride and set up to grip not drift :-)

Rides
    Its fairly simple to extend the lower front arms, cut them between the outer ball joint and the tension rod fixing point, weld in a 25mm section(or whatever size you want) , and then you'll need a pair of longer steering tie-rods (available on the Bay of E)
    you'll need some adjustable top mounts too for camber correction.

Rides
    For a daily driver I'd recommend not going down this road.

All you'll end up with is loads of negative camber which is going to kill your tyres for zero benefit.

Rides
    Coilovers have already got adjustable mounts :-)

I have seen some tie rod extenders from gktech. So guessing they would do ? Just thinking if I can push the hub out it will help wheels to not get to close on full lock to the archs etc :-) but like I said I've no idea and after some searching not come across any info so any suggestions are welcome apart from get new wheels with out such a shite offset :-)

Rides
    Coilovers have already got adjustable mounts :-)

I have seen some tie rod extenders from gktech. So guessing they would do ? Just thinking if I can push the hub out it will help wheels to not get to close on full lock to the archs etc :-) but like I said I've no idea and after some searching not come across any info so any suggestions are welcome apart from get new wheels with out such a shite offset :-)

Rides
    id get new steering arms rather than the G-tech jobbies.