Thread: ECU chip vs HKS fuel control & question about locking wheel nut

Rides

ECU chip vs HKS fuel control & question about locking wheel nut

Hello Fellas of the internet,

Long time lurker but after years of dreaming I've finally picked up my own s13. Here she is:

Got a lot of work to do on it for sure...

Anyway first question is, I've got one of these HKS PFC F-con thingies attached to it.

In your guys' opinions what's best?
    a) Keep this, get it retuned (unsure about the current map)
    b) Sell it and get a more modern chip from somewhere

P.s. Has anyone seen a locking wheel nut like this and know where I can find a replacement key?
    Last edited by jeremyyau; 07-07-2019 at 19:12.

Rides
    If you don't have a lot of experience with modifying cars, I'd recommend that you sell the HKS and and just follow the path most commonly followed of getting a chip for the existing ECU from Horsham Developments and modifying the engine to suit the ECU (mod spec for the HD chip can be found on their website).

You might be able to drill out the nut but you are probably going to have to sacrifice the wheels to get them off. I presume you've checked for the key in the glovebox, the ashtray, the CD holder behind the ashtray, the spare wheel well, the inside of the rear wings (accessible from the doors in the boot interior) and the toolkit if it is still in the car. Other than that, ask the previous owner. I doubt you'll be able to get a new key.