Thread: How free should the rear lca etc be

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

How free should the rear lca etc be

With the coilover disconnected how freely should you be able to raise the lca with the arms attached? I know the arb will limit it but I need to use a jack on mine currently. This can’t be right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    You should be able to move it by hand! Sounds like the bolt is corroding in the sleeve.

Have you got stock LCA or aftermarket? I would whip them off, clean them up, grease them and back in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Zap off the ARB mount first then try

Stock rubber or hardened rubber bushes all round: Fairly easy to bounce it around, quite springy
    Polybushes: ****in solid, they create a lot of friction.

What bushes you got?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Stock arms, hardrace/energy suspension bushes. Took it apart today and machined down some of the bushes as they were binding so badly. Drove the ca after and it’s the first time I’ve felt any body roll in the car for ages and the suspension was actually working. Need to look at the front next.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    On my old S14 my energy suspension bushes were really stiff too, I swapped them out for hard race rubber bushes.

I don't want to overstate the difference but the extra compliance was noticable.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    On my old S14 my energy suspension bushes were really stiff too, I swapped them out for hard race rubber bushes.

I don't want to overstate the difference but the extra compliance was noticable.
    Cheers for the feedback, hopefully this will sort my issues too.