Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gt2560r question on ca18det fittment

Rides

Gt2560r question on ca18det fittment

Hi all, contacted owen developments regarding buying a gt2560r. The response i got was, are you sure the larger comp cover will fit stock manifold on the ca18det.
    Does anybody know if this will fit as i am runnimg a stock manifold and don't really want to change if i can help it because the turbo is already over my budget. Thanks for any help

Rides
    isn't it just a roller bearing T28?, if so it should just be a straight swap. sometimes need to file out one turbo elbow bolt.

Rides
    Will fit fine I ran one for years, will probably have to clock the core so oil drain is vertical and as rs said may need to elongate 1 elbow hole.

Possibly elongate turbo drain pipe hole but think that's only 2871r

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    You'll also need a new intake pipe for the turbo as it will come with the 2 bolt style compressor housing

Rides
    Ok, thanks for the fast response people :-) i will have a google up on the intake pipe. Also i have uprated braided hoses for my stock t25, will these fit the gt2560r?

Rides
    It seems that there is an adaptor flange available. Will that be sufficient?

Rides
    My GT2560R is sitting quite happily on the standard cast iron manifold after a fairly simple if muscular rotation of the core so it sits properly vertical - essential for proper functioning. The one thing you have to be careful of is to use the correct IMPERIAL size ring spanner with the outside of the ring slimmed down a little with an angle grinder or bench wheel. Metric seems likei it's ok but it isn't. Worlds of pain lie behind that sentence...

Are you in a hurry to get going ? As I have a spare turbo and flange in my stock of spares + spanner as above, and not all that far from Hastings if you want to have a shufti at my set up for peace of mind / reassurance etc. Though that's not an offer to sell my spare turbo...

[edit]though you're welcome to the plastic flange if you want it and if i can find it - got nice metal one on mine, so redundant as far as I am concerned.[/edit]
    Last edited by Rochester; 01-07-2019 at 19:54.

Rides
    Rochester, I'm not in a big hurry tbh. The car is running ok as is for now and if you're sure you don't mind i could drive to you whenever suits to have a little look at how to do the install. I'll get my new spark plugs in this weekend and then ping you a pm with my contact details :-) really appreciate your help on this, I'm willing to do the work and learn and have fit turbos before but as you've probably noticed I'm a bit of a noob at fitting uprated parts. Thanks again for all the help

Rides
    if its on its original turbo I would start soaking the stuff you need to undo in plus gas.

Rides
    I have already removed the turbo about 5000 miles ago to fit a few other bits and it was a bit of a pig tbh. Never heard of plus gas but Will order some up and see how it goes:-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dotzero View Post
    Never heard of plus gas...
    Believe me, if you are sticking with old cars you won't just hear of it, you will end up buying buckets full of the stuff

Then a butane torch.

Then an oxyacetalene set up.

Then an induction circuit heater.....

Mwahhhhhhhhahhhhhh (aka demonic laughter)

Good advice, though not sure it makes much difference unless left to soak and you're not driving anywhere. Once you fire up the engine any plus gas or other release oil is going to burn off pretty darn quick and render the exercise academic.

If you want to pop over then I work Wednesdays to Saturday, off Sunday, Monday, Tuesdays. Just bung me a pm or two.

PS. I have a certain policy about freebie spares from my stock etc. Either you're a paid up member of the forum or you ain't.... just saying. Up to you, but this is one of the best forums for real genuine and no bullshit "I'm pretty sure this fits cos my mate confirmed it on the tarot cards" on t'internet ever. Use it, treasure it, but also support it.... please.

Rides
    In passing, bit of general boasting, how quick can anyone else do an S13 CADET turbo swap ?

I'm down to an hour and a half start to finish these days. That said, probably because everything is on and off so often like a whore's knickers that all of the bolts and studs are free and not seized or rusted.

Rides
    Takes me about 2...ok you got me, maybe 3....FINE it's more like 5 :-) getting into some whores knickers on the other hand ;-) p.s now a paid member

Rides
    p.s now a paid member
    Best money you ever paid.

Plus it means that if I can find that flange it's deffo yours for free... I only give freebies to fellow members or those who join !

My little bit of well meaning moral blackmail

Rides
    Hi again everyone. Had some issues with work etc so have decided to recon my t25 to keep cost down. In the future i will definitely install a better turbo (2560) but just wanted to say a massive thanks for all the advice and generosity from you guys. Cheers Adam

Rides
    Hi again everyone. Had some issues with work etc so have decided to recon my t25 to keep cost down.
    No probs, wondered why I hadn't heard from you further.

Sadly I sold my last (Norris developments hybrid) T25 ages ago to an arsehole who didn't know what it was and tried to rip me off with a spurious PayPal reclaim. It failed but... the idiot seriously didn't realise just how rare and bettter than standard the Norris T25 was.

Wish I never sold it. Would have been perfect for you, + perfect for a stage 1 update with Norris uprated WMIC.

Mind you, Norris WMIC are rare as hens teeth now too.

Rides
    I have my eye on an s14 apex type 2 fmic with pipework but not sure if it will fit the ca or not. Just thinking it's something i need when i do go up in power and it's cheap. The turbo can wait till things smooth over :-)

Rides
    I have my eye on an s14 apex type 2 fmic with pipework but not sure if it will fit the ca or not. Just thinking it's something i need when i do go up in power and it's cheap. The turbo can wait till things smooth over :-)
    Isn't the type 2 the 1 that requires no cutting? With long ass pipe runs?

I think it would sit too low?

Rides
    I recon an S15 wing mount would be a decent upgrade if your just rocking standard power levels.

Rides
    Correct. No cutting. I want to run 260-80 bhp so think i need the fmic?