Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gt2560r question on ca18det fittment

Rides
    Just another idea:-) if i was to buy a nistune and map the current setup, what power could i make with my fully rebuilt t25?
    I have currently, ca18det ( 56,000 miles), walbro fuel pump, turbo back mongoose system, apexi air filter, manual boost controller, stock wing mount, stock injectors, stock afm, stage 1 hdev chip.
    Cheers

Rides
    I'd say you are at limit now, regardless of nistune or other clever sthit.

Stage 1 H Dev chip isn't really up to running with a stock wing mount intercooler. Even close to the limit with a Norris WMIC (twice the thickness and volume, good for low stage 2) (but rare as hen's teeth now).

Why the power obsession anyway ? With the modest mods you have now you have the basis for a reasonable and durable driving car. Sticking it up to max powaaaaaah, which seems to be your goal, without the necessary supporting upgrades and expense will simply mean an expensive bang.
    Last edited by Rochester; 23-09-2019 at 03:26.

Rides
    You really need a better intercooler if you want to up the power, chances are the one you've got is knackered and leaking anyway.

Is the turbo a standard rebuild? Are billet compressor wheels available?

Rides
    Stock rebuilt, no upgraded parts. Intercooler is on the hit list for my next purchase, just didn't want to battery relocate that's all. What does everyone reccomend for an intercooler? They all seem to be cheap ebay ones now and the anything else is rare as. Appreciate the advice as well rochester, i will intercool it and leave it as is for now :-)

Rides
    You should relocate the battery really. I bought a random intercooler for a previous S13 and made pipework myself. I bought a smaller battery for the battery tray but it really put a strain on the electrics. You want to keep the size of battery Nissan intended imo.

Rides
    I prefer Carplan "get in there" graphite penetrating fluid to plus gas.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    I prefer Carplan "get in there" graphite penetrating fluid to plus gas.
    Agreed. Plus Gas is really quite old technology these days, and graphite is definitely worth having.

Rides
    After the reccomend i did get gas plus but i can try Caplan on the next job though

Rides
    Worth the extra.

Graphite isn't an oil or other fluid but good old pencil lead ground down to submicroscopic particles and enormously good at lubricating things. It's in suspension (not dissolved) in the oil that makes up the bulk of the penetrating fluid. When the oil dries up or runs out or boils out or varnishes the graphite particles are left there, still in place and doing their job of separating the surfaces and allowing them to move. ie. lubricating.... think of graphite penetrating oils and graphite greases in general as like a billion little ball bearings in a blob of carrying stuff.

The main advantage is that graphite doesn't dry out and go sticky or "varnish" like other lubricants, and it isn't so vulnerable to being burnt off by high heat. That doesn't mean that it doesn't eventually get burnt off at a long enough exposure and level of temperature, but it hangs on in there a hell of a lot longer than most other grease or oil type lubricants.

'tis why powdered graphite is the only good lubricant to use for locks - all locks, car doors, your home, padlocks you name it. Great stuff.

Rides
    Thanks for quoting all the marketing material there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Thanks for quoting all the marketing material there
    Trying to be helpful mate.

Is anything I posted inaccurate or inappropriate ?

I have nothing to do with marketing graphite or grease or similar. Nil axe to grind.

I work in a Brewery, bugger all use of graphite there, and I was first told about the benefits of graphite grease and how it works by my Father from his experience in the RAF with jet engines, which do get just a tad bit hotter than our tiddly little turbos.

Just trying to be helpful and frankly do not appreciate the sarcasm when trying to do so.