Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God this pisses me off

Rides

God this pisses me off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-your-money-48776454

So takes deal out on a status car while student with a part time job and now complaining about its costs.

Why the four X can folk not be responsible for their own actions, stupid little bitch bought a "posh" car without thinking... well whoop dee doo what a spaz.
    Now lets go whinging to the BBC who will love to put up another article about how bad things are these days because... like agenda.

God this crap irritates me immensely.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah no sympathy. If you can’t afford it don’t buy it. 300 a month for a student was obviously a non starter.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Not only that but a secondhand A1... lol

Someone saw the badge, thought just how popular it would make her and didnt use any more brain cells after that.
    Yep, modern student lol.

Rides
    ****ing spazzes the lot of em

Rides
    lol. How about as her parent you step up and tell her she couldnt afford it? Its not 1980, you dont have to take payslips in, there are things called credit checks to assess suitability She would have also be told how much it would cost and asked to sign the agreement to confirm she could afford the payments. Having dealt with car finance for a number of years its all very thorough and after the whole PPI thing companies certainly making sure you know exactly what you are purchasing and the costs involved.

Its stupidity and greed thats ruining lives, not car finance

Champagne lifestyles and lemonade pockets..........
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Brilliant isnt it? Ive owned and run a multimillion pound company for the last 15 years, up until 9 years ago I was driving sub £1000 cars and even until recently the best I had was a £14K BMW.

This obsession with driving shit you cant actually afford is a bit mental if you ask me, but blaming someone else for it? Double mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    There is some mentality with youngsters these days that they must have a new car, both my niece and nephew have new cars and are under 25. In fact my nephew's first car was a 62 plate Fiesta in 2015 and he referred to it as 'an old sh!tter' no one bought new cars when i was young but I think low interest rates and PCP has made them more attractive plus the lazy little arses dont want to waste time fixing old bangers.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    ****ing spazzes the lot of em

Rides
    Finance has become the norm now, constant cash flow for manufacturers and guarantees them many more registrations. Plus as you said its a status thing of driving a brand new C class AMG or Audi S3.

My gym car park is full of brand new mercs and BMW's all driven by kids who have only just started shaving. I think i have a reasonably well paid job and even i would struggle to pay for what they are driving.

Rides
    Entitlement is strong these days, and also no one can take responsibility for their actions. And lack of common sense.

Rides
    I would love a new car, and some of the deals on things like the AMG 35 are so tempting, but they're such bad value for money.

At 23 years old, you should be financially responsible enough to make your own decisions and live with the consequences.

But equally, if she truly had no affordability checks, then the process needs revisiting.

Rides
    My manager and I was looking at PCP and leasing as his 08 golf is fooked. This generic Kia thing looked alright at 200 notes a month. Then when you actually did the sums and the fact it was over 4 year. It worked out at 10700 to drive a Kia and it's not even yours. We both came to the conclusion its bollocks

Rides
    I do keep on looking to see if I can make a newish civic type r work though lol.....have to sell everything and still 10k+ in the hole....erm no

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    My manager and I was looking at PCP and leasing as his 08 golf is fooked. This generic Kia thing looked alright at 200 notes a month. Then when you actually did the sums and the fact it was over 4 year. It worked out at 10700 to drive a Kia and it's not even yours. We both came to the conclusion its bollocks
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    I do keep on looking to see if I can make a newish civic type r work though lol.....have to sell everything and still 10k+ in the hole....erm no
    This is exactly my issue. It's a lot of money to not own a car at the end. Or pay the remainder of. My mileage is also a bit higher for a private car at about 23k a year so no deal works out.

For this story, I suggest the girl get another job and start paying back her debts.

Rides
    I keep getting reminded by my team that I'm the one that earns all the money because look at me driving round in a 911. It infuriates me because the people this is coming from are driving round in brand new Mini Coopers (in fact one just upgraded to a JCT). All they see is £400 a month which ain't a lot of dough apparently. When you tot it up and realise they've handed over £2500 deposit and £4800 a year for 2 years, ie £12k for a car they don't actually own, and then realise that they're criticising me for my £12k car that I own outright and is still worth.....£12k Stupidity reigns supreme.

Rides
    You are basically paying off the depreciation so works out cheaper than buying it outright over the same term. It suits me as I got fed up with 2nd hand cars and wanted something nice I could just get in and drive and then if it broke would go off and get fixed. Yes I am paying a lot of money for that but i can afford it so I am happy. Its similar to renting a property, slightly less than a mortgage, you dont own it but the landlord will fix the leaking tap

Thing is though the market is becoming saturated with 2-3 year old motors, so on new deals future value is getting lower. This means the amount you need to pay off over the term is getting higher so its getting very hard to find a good deal thus, new car regs are dropping.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Haha silly cow! It's status though, must have a new/nearly new car to keep up appearances! It would be great to drive a newer car but I'm not shelling out £400 a month for the privilege, I drive a mk5 golf as a daily because I'm sensible!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You are basically paying off the depreciation so works out cheaper than buying it outright over the same term. It suits me as I got fed up with 2nd hand cars and wanted something nice I could just get in and drive and then if it broke would go off and get fixed. Yes I am paying a lot of money for that but i can afford it so I am happy. Its similar to renting a property, slightly less than a mortgage, you dont own it but the landlord will fix the leaking tap

Thing is though the market is becoming saturated with 2-3 year old motors and so on new deals future value is getting lower and so the amount you need to pay off over the term is getting higher so its getting very hard to find a good deal thus new car regs are dropping.
    Exactly. You can afford it and the cost is considered fully, signed up to and understood

Rides
    I agree, pcp is fine if done right.

In this case its the spazzy flids fault for going into this with green eyed envy and not being an advanced enough human being to be able to continue paying it down the road (ie she is fooking thick)

Rides
    I was paying £330 for an Audi A4 sportline (25k mileage a year) so that dumb bitch got done over from the start anyway...........