Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God this pisses me off

Rides
    Mark, If you drove around in a banger like your S14a or your landy for 4 years whilst putting 400 a month in the hole, you'd have enough money to just buy a decent motor that was a couple of years old.

I bought a brand new Impreza for 22K 10 years ago that has served me well and its worth 7K still so £125 a month depreciation to own a new reliable sporty motor that nobody else has shed bodily bits into over the years.

The Nissan I bought for £9750 and sold for £5,750 20 years later cost me £250 a YEAR in depreciation.

I've been saying for over 12 months that PCP is the next sub-prime mortgage feck-up and its going to do over the economy once again. If you understand how PCP works behind the scenes, its remarkably similar to sub-prime.

Ford main dealers dealing with Ford employees will do thorough checks but most car dealers offering PCP just want the sale and won't put in a check if they think it will jeopardise the deal. Same as was true of sub-prime, they are not taking on the risk and they are unregulated...well, not properly regulated as in "held to account".

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Working in the motor trade we see this all to often. Although not working in a "premium" brand, possibly not as much as some others! They are quite right - there are no "affordability checks" into the customers income/expenditure. The customer asks about finance on a car and we discuss deposits, terms etc and end up with a monthly figure. Personally, I always advise against 5 year finance as you all to often end up buried in the car. If you ask for a car and say you want to spend £500 a month, we kinda assume you know you can afford £500 a month (or maybe a bit more if I can get you to buy some extra bits too...bloody car salesman!)

There is, however, before completing the finance documents, a series of questions that is supposed to ensure the customer is making an informed decision and can afford the payments. In fact, one of the questions asks directly "Are the monthly payments affordable within your known budget?" So, in this case, no sympathy. She knew what her payments were going to be and agreed to them. The dealers ALWAYS get the sh*tty end of the stick as we're perceived as the bad guys conning people and forcing people to buy cars they can't afford. This couldn't be further from the truth now. There are so many checks, procedures and regulations that we cannot do this (in my mind, this is a good thing). Silly girl was blinded by the badge and the "I want everything NOW" attitude. She needs to take responsibility. If she can no longer afford it, speak to the finance company who *may* be able to help, or return the car as an HP agreement is secured on the car only. Unless she was really stupid and took it as a personal loan. In which case, she's screwed.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Working in the motor trade we see this all to often. Although not working in a "premium" brand, possibly not as much as some others! They are quite right - there are no "affordability checks" into the customers income/expenditure. The customer asks about finance on a car and we discuss deposits, terms etc and end up with a monthly figure. Personally, I always advise against 5 year finance as you all to often end up buried in the car. If you ask for a car and say you want to spend £500 a month, we kinda assume you know you can afford £500 a month (or maybe a bit more if I can get you to buy some extra bits too...bloody car salesman!)

There is, however, before completing the finance documents, a series of questions that is supposed to ensure the customer is making an informed decision and can afford the payments. In fact, one of the questions asks directly "Are the monthly payments affordable within your known budget?" So, in this case, no sympathy. She knew what her payments were going to be and agreed to them. The dealers ALWAYS get the sh*tty end of the stick as we're perceived as the bad guys conning people and forcing people to buy cars they can't afford. This couldn't be further from the truth now. There are so many checks, procedures and regulations that we cannot do this (in my mind, this is a good thing). Silly girl was blinded by the badge and the "I want everything NOW" attitude. She needs to take responsibility. If she can no longer afford it, speak to the finance company who *may* be able to help, or return the car as an HP agreement is secured on the car only. Unless she was really stupid and took it as a personal loan. In which case, she's screwed.
    Alright blast from the past!!!

Hows things teggers

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Very well mate, thank you. Hows you?

I've been around. Just time mainly - house to do up (bought an old farmhouse) and kids growing like weeds! Not a lot of time to do anything for me but thats life

Rides
    100% she was a health and nutrition type student or some other Mickey Mouse degree.

I love the attempt to justify buying a student an Audi

to help her get to and from lectures
    Next time maybe try a decent pair of trainers?

Rides
    Good teggers, kids are indeed weeds - unsightly, ruin a good garden and generally nasty looking

Rides
    Classic with the DM today, family spend nearly 7 grand on a holiday to a hotel still under construction, are surprised when it's not ready when they arrive.

Rides
    Money outweighing sense again

Rides
    Why are folk so fecking thick?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Why are folk so fecking thick?
    Modern H&S is affecting Darwinism/Evolution?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    But it looked so nice in the computer generated images
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Montenegro as well?? Do they even know where Montenegro is?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I agree with this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Honestly don't know what you mean

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

Rides
    So, let me get this straight cos i am confused.

Train has door with window
    Train goes along tracks and other trains go alongside (the other way)
    Train has a warning not to stick important things (like heads) out the window
    Chap sticks head out of window
    Other train coming the other way lops it off (or a bit of it)
    Chap has a bad day

Train company now taken to court and have to pay out because chap was a spaz.

This is the jist of it???

Fkin hell, great time to be a spaz.

Rides
    Yes. It wasn't clear and obvious to a 24 Year old capable of independent travel that letting your head hang out of a window of a moving train might be dangerous. If only the signage had been better eh, I'm sure he'd have paid attention.

Rides
    24 yr old ... says it all, still in nappies.
    What is it with young folk these days? yeah we always used to say that but really now... seems like most of em are total flids.

Rides
    Highlights for me are:

'because a sign saying not to lean out was not displayed clearly enough.' -

'The signage around the window was confusing," he said, adding no risk assessment of the windows had been carried out.'

Confusing? If you cant read English

'Judge Pegden said there was also no-one on the train to monitor the use of the window at the time.' WTAF

'Mr Brown, from East Grinstead, West Sussex, had been previously described by friends as a life-long railway fanatic who was working in the rail industry. He first volunteered on the Bluebell steam railway in Sussex aged nine and was working as an engineering technician with Hitachi Rail Europe in Bristol.'

So he should have been fully aware of the f@cking risk
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    But somebody has to be to blame and that obviously cannot be the fully functional snowflake knob-jockey who decided he wanted to headbutt a solid steel gantry from a moving train doing xxmph.

Rides
    Which one is the actual sign that says don't stick your head out of here tho?

I see ones for wearing high vis jackets and high voltage rails? are they applicable to the public?
    Do these things run on live rails?