Thread: BM57 master cylinder

Rides

BM57 master cylinder

Right then... in my bid for better brakes i have managed to get hold of a set of R33 front and rear callipers and also a BM57 master cylinder BUT in my haste i have managed to overlook the fact i brought a ABS BM57 which is to go on my non ABS equipped PS13.
    Annoying to say the least, i was wondering if it was possible to drill and tap the port which is what would be for the non ABS unit? are the internals the same with the only difference being the outlets?
    Failing that would it be a disaster to 'T' the front callipers much like the rears are?

Rides
    Well I’ve now fitted the BM57 MC and I’ve bled the rears successfully but the front are a different matter.
    I’m struggling to bleed the air out of the system on the fronts.
    When the pedal is pushed down hardly anything comes out when opening the bleed nipple on the Caliper.
    Is it possible that the rod from the booster needs adjusting after fitting the BM57?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    Well I’ve now fitted the BM57 MC and I’ve bled the rears successfully but the front are a different matter.
    I’m struggling to bleed the air out of the system on the fronts.
    When the pedal is pushed down hardly anything comes out when opening the bleed nipple on the Caliper.
    Is it possible that the rod from the booster needs adjusting after fitting the BM57?

Make sure you have adjusted the travel of the pedal if the piston does not travel back far enough it will not push enough fluid through to clear air

Rides
    Ahh ok, I’ll have a go of that.
    I have put my BM44 back on for the time being which bled and works spot on.
    I did measure the rod and then measured the depth of the BM57 piston seat compared to the BM44 and they were the same almost to the millimetre.

Rides
    I used abs one on mine and just fitted a t by master cylinder for fronts and used factory t for rears, worked fine. Did you change the booster for larger one too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    yea thats exactly what i did in the end and part from one of the seals leaking slightly it works perfect, i didn't change the booster though. have you?

Rides
    Yeah mine was fine for years. You might want to sort the leak though lol yeah I swapped booster too, heard people can have trouble if not as not enough force from pedal travel to work effectively?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk