Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Conservative Leader

Rides
    The 3 front runners, Boris, Gove and Hunt are all terrible options and Jezza has fook all chance of winning an election so the country is screwed

Labour need to get its act together and ditch Corbyn to make itself look a credible opposition as the Lib Dems are going to steam past them IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 3 front runners, Boris, Gove and Hunt are all terrible options and Jezza has fook all chance of winning an election so the country is screwed

Labour need to get its act together and ditch Corbyn to make itself look a credible opposition as the Lib Dems are going to steam past them IMO.
    Just remember, you don’t vote for who will be prime minister at general elections, but who you want as your local MP. That’s how screwed the electoral system is.... and no the US presidential system is even worse with the electoral college votes ...

I’m not sure proportional representation would work either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Just remember, you don’t vote for who will be prime minister at general elections, but who you want as your local MP.
    But not many people do in a GE, they vote for who they want to run the country. Local elections are another matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    And is the withdrawal bill now binding? I.e. it can't be bypassed. If it is then that's a relief. I used to follow it religously but for, frankly, my own sanity and wellbeing, I'm not as glued to it as I was because I lose too much sleep over it.
    So much so that in order for the withdrawal agreement to be put in place it has to follow procedure set out in the bill, ie a vote in the commons.

Technically we could default out of the EU without a vote or anything at the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Just remember, you don’t vote for who will be prime minister at general elections, but who you want as your local MP. That’s how screwed the electoral system is.... and no the US presidential system is even worse with the electoral college votes ...

You do, but most don't. Most just vote for whatever party they want to be in power, and a good number of people will vote for the exact same party regardless of what candidate is standing in their constituency.
    Last edited by R3K1355; 07-06-2019 at 08:49.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    So much so that in order for the withdrawal agreement to be put in place it has to follow procedure set out in the bill, ie a vote in the commons.

Technically we could default out of the EU without a vote or anything at the end of October
    Well, that's the disaster I was talking about. That would blow. So all BJ would have to do would be get in power and do naff all.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Well, that's the disaster I was talking about. That would blow. So all BJ would have to do would be get in power and do naff all.
    There is nothing stopping parliament from voting to take control of business for a day and bar a no-deal exit again though. I suspect there are still enough numbers to do this given the general view in parliament on a no-deal exit.

Bercow has already said that the new PM can't just suspend parliament to make a no-deal happen as this directly circumvents the house which is probably unconstitutional as well as downright stupid. There has to be a vote, and if parliamentarians mean it when they say they will not back a no-deal then there are actions they can take to prevent it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    You do, but most don't. Most just vote for whatever party they want to be in power, and a good number of people will vote for the exact same party regardless of what candidate is standing in their constituency.
    It’s probably 50/50 which means half the voters are stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk