Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Conservative Leader

Rides

Next Conservative Leader

So who do you think it will?

Current Trends with MP Endorsements and Opinion Polls have Boris edging just ahead of Sajid Javid.

At least that **** Gove is little liked by anyone.

I will laugh at my girlfriend if it is Jeremy Hunt

Rides
    Has to be Boris.

If the party shenanigans sideline him away from the last two for the vote then I seriously anticipate civil unrest and the demise of the Conservative party for the next 10 years at least.

Unless the alternative can deliver a genuine Brexit - which would seem to have to be on WTO terms, given the destruction of our negotiating position by Tereason May and the Remainer legions.

Boris, or we almost certainly end up with the an anti semitic unreformed old school Marxist and his cronies...

Rides
    Boris is a joke just like all the other tory elitists.

We need the EU to protect us from our own government. Anyone that thinks leaving the EU is a good thing has been manipulated by false propaganda

Rides
    Boris will have an even harder time delivering Brexit IMO, there's already been a couple of votes in the commons to show that there is not enough support for a no deal exit.
    Unless the EU magically back down then we either take the deal thats still on the table, or sit down and stop making so much noise.

I expect a vote on a no deal exit will happen, if it's refused then a vote of no confidence and a general election is most likely.

Rides
    General election is the only way forward, followed by another referendum.

No deal would be us normal folk screwed https://youtu.be/_HDFegpX5gI

Rides
    Unless Labour ditch Corbyn a general election will probably see us with no overall control, probably a coalition.
    Lib-Dem/Labour might end with some kind of second referendum, but Tory/Brexit party could end with a hard Brexit.

I hear the USA have already made it clear and kind of trade deal with them would have to involve the NHS. Healthcare is massive business afterall.

Rides
    Shocking how the NHS is being eye up, who gave the government permission to do that, parts of it are already privatised

based on poll's, with under 18s at the time voting minus older folk who've shuffled of the mortal coil the balance would swing to remain if there was another referendum.

The brexit party only did well because no one else bothered to vote Farrage will never be part of any government be it coalition or not

Rides
    You're surprised in the slightest?? The Tory's have been eyeing it up for a while.

Farage's main backer is a millionaire insurance man, the same man who'd profit handsomely should we move to a more private form of healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    "When you are dealing with trade, everything is on the table, so the NHS and anything else."

Rides
    Should be me thats running the country, feck you think Trump and Boris are bad..Help ma bob.

For a start anyone who pissed me off would be fired out of a cannon into the north sea, it could get quite busy up there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Farage's main backer is a millionaire insurance man, the same man who'd profit handsomely should we move to a more private form of healthcare.
    Knowing the characters involved I'd be amazed if that conspiracy is anywhere near the mark. I can't elaborate too much as you'd expect, but since the millionaire businessman has utterly no links to medical insurance currently and has been running insurance businesses for a decent amount of time now with no interest in embarking on the sector, I just don't buy the ploy. Within the insurance market you don't just walk in to a sector and start making shit loads of money as a matter of course. If it were that simple then everyone would be in the same market. His business currently have no expertise, experience or capability to move anywhere near taking over an NHS wholesale type of deal. None at all. It is implausible that they'd be better at it than any of the main markets that are currently writing it. Improbable. Effectively impossible.

Sometimes you have to write down to just the fact the guy's view might differ from yours.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Should be me thats running the country, feck you think Trump and Boris are bad..Help ma bob.
    Sideways for KING. Once he's made an honest woman of Megan

Rides
    My manifesto, first few lines.

All drivers to resit a driving test every 5 years (or 10)
    All woman drivers to be given a pamphlet explaining what a mirror is (apart from doing make up in)
    All old folk shot out of said.. cannon
    Er... all owners of old jap shite free road tax.

Rides
    Did TM deliver a law saying Parliament HAS to have a say on the final deal? I thought she delivered a commons vote showing that they wanted it.

Because I can't help but think that, without that protection, BJ will just fire us out at the end of October.

He is a disaster. An absolute travesty.

Rides
    Just one thing.... "Privatisation" of the NHS began under labour (see Private Finance Initiative) the NHS Trusts were already crippled with debts due to the cost of repayments. Do people honestly think this country would be better off under Corbyn?

Many hospitals no longer employ their own stuff and subcontract out to private "Non-profit organisations" Provide in Essex is an example

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    The brexit party only did well because no one else bothered to vote Farrage will never be part of any government be it coalition or not
    Disagree. Turnout was better than it has been for EU elections in years. The Brexit party success is built on having a clear objective. The "remain" vote is split among 3-4 parties, depending on where you are in the country. Plus the anomaly that is Labour which has been making second referendum noises from the PLP side with no direct support offered by Corbyn (because he is an old eurosceptic and also utterly incapable of making any decisions whatsoever). You can apportion it anyway you like but the result is still a fairly even split between leave and remain based on turnout (which is the only thing you can ever base votes on).

All this shit for the last 3 years has just ignored all the problems that led us here in the first place. Politics in this country needs an overhaul, starting with the way in which governments are elected and moving swiftly onwards to work out how we're going to fund the fact that we are failing a significant portion of the population by only investing in one city and driving more people into poverty by the day.

Brexit solves none of these things. It's a convenient distraction though.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 05-06-2019 at 14:35.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Did TM deliver a law saying Parliament HAS to have a say on the final deal? I thought she delivered a commons vote showing that they wanted it.

Because I can't help but think that, without that protection, BJ will just fire us out at the end of October.

He is a disaster. An absolute travesty.
    It's written into the EU Withdrawal bill so it's more than just an intention.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    The Brexit party success is built on having a clear objective. The "remain" vote is split among 3-4 parties, depending on where you are in the country.
    Technically the Brexit vote is split between two partys as well UKIP and Brexit Party, but virtually no-one voted UKIP since Farage left.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Shocking how the NHS is being eye up, who gave the government permission to do that, parts of it are already privatised
    Trump has already U-Turned on that. It was originally part of the TTIP agreement

Rides
    Technically the Brexit vote is split between two partys as well UKIP and Brexit Party, but virtually no-one voted UKIP since Farage left.
    My assertion was based on adding up the Brexit party, Tory and UKIP votes as pro-Brexit with a likely contribution from Labour that isn't easily quantified.

Rides
    It's written into the EU Withdrawal bill so it's more than just an intention.
    And is the withdrawal bill now binding? I.e. it can't be bypassed. If it is then that's a relief. I used to follow it religously but for, frankly, my own sanity and wellbeing, I'm not as glued to it as I was because I lose too much sleep over it.