Thread: Gt2871r restrictor and housing

Rides

Gt2871r restrictor and housing

I’ve got every thing to upgrade to gt2871r part from the exhaust housing and beaded lines, questions....... do you need any type of restrictor for the oil lines when running this turbo or are just standard braided lines a straight swap??? Also to get a proper Garrett .64 housing is £250 are the mamba or other Ebay ones for £140 the same or will they last 5 mins??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The "R" means it's ball bearing isn't it? If it's ball bearing, you need a restrictor... can't remember whether it's 1 or 2mm though.
    About the housings, I'd go for a original, just to ensure all the angles are perfect and all the rest of your exhaust fits back to original position.

If you don't mind the chance of needing to change up your exhaust angle a bit to save some cash, i can't see how a chinese cast unit would fail. Only thing that could be wrong with it are the flanges/tolerances aren't machined to the same standard as a genuine garrett
    To avoid all that shit all together, i'd try and source a genuine used garrett.

Rides
    At least with gt3071r using a restrictor was not recommended as it has one built in. I asked it from local garrett importer... But it's very important to have oil return without any bends. That said a lot of people use restrictors...

Rides

Rides
    Cheers found a kit with a restrictor in for bb turbos :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    All the ball bearing turbos I have seen have had restrictors built into them. The restrictor is used as the locating pin of the bearing cartridge

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk