Thread: Rb25 or 350z gearbox?!

Rides

Rb25 or 350z gearbox?!

Hi guys,

So, I've been looking into swapping my gearbox to a 350z gearbox as it seemed the best one to go for, but then I had a spanner thrown in the works. The cost of the 350z is about £2/2500, ball park. But I just spoke to Garage-D and they do a conversion kit for an rb25 for about £1500?! This is very tempting. Are the rb25 not as suiti for the 200sx? Pros and cons please..

Rides
    This is the most detailed pro's/con's write up I've came across

http://alphaomegaracing.com/i/7/Choo...14-or-S15.html

Rides
    Then look at their updated rb25 box conversion

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Interesting read, I’ve also been looking at upgrades other than the cd009 due to the costs
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That article is really off-putting, and makes me want to buy the rb25 kit,but not from them, £1100 for the adaptor plate and gearbox cross member?! Jog on!

Rides
    I am maybe close to £1500 with fluids for my 350z conversion, but most of it is going to be custom as the protuner plate won't let me use standard exhaust elbows downpipes due to the flanges hitting the box and the gearbox mount still needs some fabrication. But at the same time I went with a ORC twin carbon s15 clutch(second hand) which wasn't cheap. Yet to measure up the drive shaft and if I can use the 350Z one with the 350z diff.

Rides
    I have some alpha omega evo brake adaptor brackets. Not the cheapest things in the world but they are probably the highest quality you can get. They also do proper R&D on the products they sell. I'll probably go for one of their kits as I have no doubt that they are probably the best quality you can buy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by evilz View Post
    I am maybe close to £1500 with fluids for my 350z conversion, but most of it is going to be custom as the protuner plate won't let me use standard exhaust elbows downpipes due to the flanges hitting the box and the gearbox mount still needs some fabrication. But at the same time I went with a ORC twin carbon s15 clutch(second hand) which wasn't cheap. Yet to measure up the drive shaft and if I can use the 350Z one with the 350z diff.
    Garage-D can do the drive shaft bit, think it was about £240?

What worries me is fitting the box, I don't want to take the engine out and I have just had a top mount turbo fitted and worried the box won't clear it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    I have some alpha omega evo brake adaptor brackets. Not the cheapest things in the world but they are probably the highest quality you can get. They also do proper R&D on the products they sell. I'll probably go for one of their kits as I have no doubt that they are probably the best quality you can buy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yeh they do look good, money no object, I probably would, but after spending so much on getting the car mapped etc, I have no budget! Lol