Thread: Rebuilt SR swap. #1 and #2 not firing.

Rides

Rebuilt SR swap. #1 and #2 not firing.

I'm in need of a bit of brainstorming. I just finished my SR swap on the S13 (LHD).

Z32, Nismo 555, R8 coilpacks, handmade engine loom.

At first #1 was not firing. Swapped plugs and coils between 1 and 2, still missing det on #1, so they are fine. Then I checked compression. Getting aprox 145psi on all cyls. Then I thought it could be injectors, although I do smell fuel and the plug is wet when taking it out. So i swapped injectors 1 and 2.

It was supposed to be easy, if #1 doesn't fire, then it's wiring problem, either coil or injector. If it did fire and #2 did not, then the injector was bad. What could go wrong right?

Well now neither 1 or 2 do fire. It's like #2 was infected by #1, and I'm afraid tomorrow it will be #3 haha.

I made the wiring harness by hand, and double checked everything. According to my diagrams and what I've been looking at, everything is correctly connected. I've got continuity everywhere, 12v at injectors, I can see the spark inside the coil when I take them out, checked all my grounds, etc.
    I sent 12v to injectors, they click fine.
    Tried 2 ECUs, same thing, except the stage 3 ecu doesn't keep the idle alive. Only the Mines ECU does. They are both setup for this engine config.
    There is fuel coming out of the elbow, so I now there is some in there (also a bit of oil, but considering it's not broken in it's usually normal).

There must be something wrong with the wiring, but I can't guess what. I'm missing something.

This is the diagram I made, using info from all over. It's the way I have it wired at the moment.

Diagram

Anyone has any suggestion or can find something wrong in the diagram?

Edit: I'm using the original s13 relays, since i don't have the s14 harness, which is why i use so much wires from the 3 F plugs in the wing behind the light
    Last edited by suixo; 02-04-2019 at 17:55.

Rides
    What motor? EU or JDM? Same for the ECU. Sounds like you may have an output switched. Some ECUs have the 1 and 2 on another position if i'm not mistaken.

Rides
    WC ECU. S14 zenki (early) SR (VTC / no anti-theft).

Also I have a little over 3kg of fuel pressure, a friend is saying i could be flooding cyls closer to the end of the ramp, namely #1 and #2. I'll try to lower it tomorrow but I doubt that is the problem.

Rides
    I dove into the fsm yesterday, an S13 sr20det ecu has different coil trigger signals than S14. You're certain you're not using an S13 ECU or based your wiring on an S13 scheme?

You're also using R8 coils, did you delete the ignitor properly? Is your 12v source strong enough, cable thickness same as oem? These require more juice than other coils afaik.

Rides
    Fixed it.

It was the injectors o-rings. I was about to switch 1 and 2 back the way they were, to do so this time I removed the intake manifold. There was a pool of fuel as high as the ceiling....
    When I removed the injectors the rings were literally a string. I also lowered the fuel pressure to 2.3kg.

That's why the problem had gone to cyl 2 haha, there were also very small pools in 3 and 4, so i changed them all.

It's purring marvelously now. Thanks for the feedback anyway!

Rides
    Good stuff