Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current car culture - but of a rant

Rides

Current car culture - but of a rant

***bit*** (can't even type)

So after being off yesterday I found myself explaining to my fire place guy the current car culture, after he left I felt incredibly angry at it why? Because I feel its became a trend and if you're diffrent your punished.

So with that I took to YouTube and watched people's trips to Japan and started to look at there culture more.
    OK one thing is they are nuts over there but they just build what they want what they like and they get praised for it, someone could make a sex spec car and people will appreciate the work that's went into it.
    Over here no one dose.

Its frustrating as ****, we love how they have given us these cars but we don't follow them, anyone can go buy a financed audi, financed wheels, financed air and look he won a prize and he didn't even fit it himself!

With this being said I am taking a more jap influence on my cars now by doing what I want and what will make me happy, **** it I'm going to get a rising sun on my bonnet why? Because I want to, hell I am going to get a ps2 and install it in my daily, ill use my boot space for subs and tvs (maybe not that crazy) but least my cars will be remembered and reflect my personality.

Sorry for the rant but that how I feel with our culture so that's what I am going to do, thoughts?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by s13spooner; 28-03-2019 at 10:13.

Rides
    The first mistake you made was caring what other people think, the second was giving a crap about what they do.

If someone wants to buy everything on finance and dump the lot on a garage to be installed then let them, chequebook mechanics have been around for donkeys years.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    The first mistake you made was caring what other people think, the second was giving a crap about what they do.

If someone wants to buy everything on finance and dump the lot on a garage to be installed then let them, chequebook mechanics have been around for donkeys years.
    It's annoying that these checkbook mechanics even get credit for work, yeah I've started to not even care what people think now

Rides
    I think too many armchair mechanics try and fix their own car because they watched a video on the Internet. If people don't have a clue they should let a garage work on it. The amount of dangerous things I've seen is awful. People forgetting to tighten caliper bolts etc.
    People shouldn't have the mick taken out of them for not fixing their own car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    It's annoying that these checkbook mechanics even get credit for work, yeah I've started to not even care what people think now

Same as an architect getting credit for a building then?

Surely credit is due to the person who has the vision, not just the people who make it a reality?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I think too many armchair mechanics try and fix their own car because they watched a video on the Internet. If people don't have a clue they should let a garage work on it. The amount of dangerous things I've seen is awful. People forgetting to tighten caliper bolts etc.
    People shouldn't have the mick taken out of them for not fixing their own car.
    Quite agree of you don't know dont touch, what annoys me is these people who get garages to work on there cad speak down to people like me who dose everything themselfs, I've had it plenty of times, I'll give them credit for there vision and ideas but sometimes there's not much in it, I always speak to the owners of the car and ask them questions as I am intrested, I spoke to a guy at Scottish car show who didn't even know what wheels he had and they where brand new.... , just my experiences seam like if its not to a high standard your hung by the neck and your cars shit

Rides
    If I'm honest it's probably my experience, the car scene where I am is terrible, so don't think I'm being mean if you don't fix your car, hell I even get stuck so I am as bad, just the creativity, if you think outside the box your slated

Rides
    I think people should plough their own furrow and you shouldn't let what people might think stop you from doing what you want to your car but...

Other people might not like what you've done or might think that it is unoriginal or chavvy or whatever. Their entitled to their opinion but that is all it is.

You should build a car the way you want it to look/be.

Rides
    15 years ago not all the cars were pretty but they were more personal and original. now-a-days people seem to build whats more socially acceptable. cars at shows today (from my own perception) are all very very similar in style and generation, all having one of about 3 makes of body kits, bride seats, slam on some Works wheels and that's it.... very little imagination, diversity, individuality or bravery now. i'm doing a 90's shakotan style 180sx with wangan wing, 15" impul wheels, front splitter, stock interior - real authentic retro rarely done anymore (only one of 2 i will know of in Ire too) and the first thing i get asked all the time is what wheels and body kit i'm gonna put on it lol....... REALLY!!??

i don't care if someone didn't build their own car, not everyone can, BUT i would expect them to have researched parts, why they chose them and credit the mechanic when appropriate etc... i mean, your at a show for a reason.... show some interest and respect. but tbh its rare i've come across that so far. handful of times...
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    Well I’m totally doing my own thing and it upsets quite a few people but I kinda like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You need to stop giving a monkey's about car shows. I believe that they are rigged.

Whoever spent the most money with the right person (or sponsor) THIS year wins.

Same goes for getting a car into many of the car mags. They know where the advertising income comes from.

Rides
    I am not sure I agree with this, the last show I went to in the South East was really good with a lot of variety, there were lots of tasteful cars plus lots of very strange builds that can only have been done by people who don't care about what others think.

I'd recommend the London cartel show, planned for later this summer at the Ardingly South of England Show Ground. Was a good day out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post

anyone can go buy a financed audi, financed wheels, financed air and look he won a prize and he didn't even fit it himself!
    No they cant, if they cant afford it. Some people have good jobs, work hard, get paid well and dont want to be driving round in a 20 year old rusty jap car that needs fixing every other weekend Thats their choice and their money so what concern of it is it of yours? You should own a car you like, not for everyone else to tell you how amazing you are and what a great car it is

I got fed up laying under cars so started buying new ones, that doesnt make me any less an enthusiast than you

If you get sucked into the whole culture thing you will just remain angry and frustrated.......

Some people like cooking, some like dining out in restaurants, who likes food more?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Well after reading this back I relised most of this was typed in frustration and went a bit overboard, so apologies, I get why people have new cars and I think I'll need to go to more English shows as they seam superior

Rides
    Not taking instragram as reality is important.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I got fed up laying under cars so started buying new ones, that doesnt make me any less an enthusiast than you
    Yes it does. You started buying cars like the Kuga and ones that didn't have enough cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Not taking instragram as reality is important.
    lol

Also, regarding shows, I always go to shows to look at other people's cars not to have people look at my car. I leave it on the stand for people to look at if they want and say what they want about it. If nobody looked at my car and commented I would be more upset than if they looked and hated it. Its like art. The true object should be to make people think and to provoke a response. However, I don't measure the response. It shouldn't be about "look at me and my amazing skillz".

Rides
    Think your overthinking it bud.

I am rather bored of mapped in pops and bangs though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post

Also, regarding shows, I always go to shows to look at other people's cars not to have people look at my car. I leave it on the stand for people to look at if they want and say what they want about it. If nobody looked at my car and commented I would be more upset than if they looked and hated it. Its like art. The true object should be to make people think and to provoke a response. However, I don't measure the response. It shouldn't be about "look at me and my amazing skillz".
    Same. Back in my S13 days it was just nice to have the car on the stand because that meant that it actually ****ing made it there

These days I'm so much more cut of your cloth in that I prefer standard looking cars that have been meticulously cared for and looked after and improved subtly rather than RRAAAWWRRR LOOOK AT MEEE I'M LOOWW AND LOOUUUD. But if that's what someone wants to do with their car, then fair game to them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    Think your overthinking it bud.

I am rather bored of mapped in pops and bangs though
    What have you got these days Rory?

Rides
    wife and kids dictated a Mondeo lol......but for funs a Westfield zetec kit car....cheap to insure, cheap to run but real good fun
    Last edited by SXRORY; 31-03-2019 at 15:37.