Thread: Newbie from Manchester

Rides

Newbie from Manchester

Hi Guys and Gals hahs, I just picked up my s13 the other day its 180sx import with an sr20 in it ... long day drove from Manchester to Kent and Back good thing is the car made it back sweet with no issues i was a bit worried driving a nearly 30 year old car 300miles but went totally smoothly haha.
    Ill get some more pics up soon

I need some help though my pop ups dont pop so I'm manually winding them at the moment I'm trying to find a definitive way of trouble shooting them at the moment any help would be much appreciated.

Also looking for some standard panels like pig nose bumper etc.. as i want to restore the car as the shell only has 17000 miles on it and its mint happy to swap all the drift bits off it for standard stuff
    Cheers
    Dan

Rides
    Wow, they did a good job of putting that back on the road. Last I heard they were struggling to get a new roof panel for it; it was the one that they couldn't really salvage since the tree had made a right mess of it

Rides
    BTW before you get too concerned, that was just a joke

Seems a shame that if it was a 17k miler someone's decided to drift slag it

Rides
    The joke that never gets old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    BTW before you get too concerned, that was just a joke

Seems a shame that if it was a 17k miler someone's decided to drift slag it
    Hey Guys , thanks for the welcoem hehe.

Haha yeah I would have been worried if I'd not got the complete history with the car - was only imported in 2016 so milage as far as I can tell with all the Japanese Paperwork seems legit yeah especially cutting a hole in a perfect non rusty bonnet idiots but what can you do , I will save her haha

Rides
    Got any more pics of it?

We've seen very few decent standard examples in the last few years but when they have come up they've gone for half decent money.

It's a wonderful sight, a standard 13, rolling down the road.

Rides
    welcome to the club mate.

Looks like a good base to build upon by the looks of it. Interesting bonnet gap

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

Cool

Cheers for the welcome guys, yeah got some more pics here , its a shame about the drift bits on it but found some standard pannels already so going to start swaping stuff over soon , will make sure to post progress in the forum and will probably do some videos on youtube .

yeah here are the pics that convinced me to do a 600+ mile round trip lol

Ill get some decent pics up at the weekend weather permitting

Rides
    I'm in Manchester as well with a 180 .. that's not been seen on the roads for a while due to a crash, divorce, completely restoring the chassis of a friend's MR2.. moving house etc. etc.

If you need a hand with spares, let me know, I might have a few bits in for the body, I don't have any SR spares kicking around. I'm not that bad. I don't have loads in the way of body panels but suspension bits I usually have.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Sorry to hear about the divorce Alan - hope that came out alright in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by D_a_n[/quote
    Ill get some decent pics up at the weekend weather permitting
    Cough....18 degrees and sunny yesterday...Cough

It's a nice looking car from what we can see of it so far

Rides
    Hi Alan good to meet you dude , sorry man seems like it's been a tough time , thanks for offering to help with stuff would be most appreciated , I'm more than happy to lend a hand where I can I'm useless with electrics but I can turn a spanner haha. I'm currently on the search for OEM bumper's really want a pig nose. I'll email you may number if you want can get in touch on what's app.

Rides
    I took a couple of pics test fitting a facelift bumper i picked up , made me want the pig nose even more haha I'll get them up tomorrow ��

Rides
    Cheers Arry, it's not been that bad, seriously, just time consuming as it was happening. I've come out alright

drop me a PM, you're more than welcome to pop around - I'm usually with the cars on a weekend.

I can't commit to helping loads at the mo, I'm desperate to get on mine as soon as this MR2 is done but if you want a few pointers and bring the car around, you're more than welcome. Not much spanner twirling at the moment just new steel and welding
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.