Thread: Fuse box relocation s14a

Rides

Fuse box relocation s14a

Morning all

Got my fuse box to relocate as I’ve tubbed my arches. Just wondering if anyone knows if a micra k11 full harness will have the correct size/colour coding to use for extending. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere before but can’t for life of me find anything on it now.

Cheers

Rides
    Hey man, ye I used a micra loom, went to the scrappy and pulled out a while engine and interior loom Inc fuse boxes.

90% of the wires ya need were there, may have just been a couple that couldn't match so just make a way to tell if it's a different wire to the oem loom, I used different colour heat shrink on any wire that were not a direct oem loom match

I started a complete thread on a loom relocation that I got 2/3 of the way through writing up, I really need to finish it up, it may be of some help to ya to start off.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 17-03-2019 at 14:10.

Rides
    I just cut and extended oem loom, wasn't hard just time consuming extending each wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    you only need to extend about 6 headlight wires ive relocated mine under airbag panel on dash

Rides
    I moved mine to behind the dash airbag panel and made a custom fuse panel when I swapped in my RB25 and I think I only had to extend a few wires. as cooltiger said its about 6 wires at most, so i wouldn't go to the effort of getting hold of another harness.

Rides
    Cheers guys. I won a full loom for £20 off ebay so no loss really, i'd have spent nearly that on some decent wires and at least this way i can keep some form of continuity with cable identification. Just got to get some decent crimps and heat shrink and i'll be making a start. Thinking there has got to be more than 6 wires though, there is all the plugs from the gearbox that connect at the side of the fuse box isn't there?

Mathew yeah that'd would be a big help mate. I've done as much research as i can but no one seems to have done a guide on it. Probably overthinking it a bit in all fairness, but just wanting everything in place before i start and i'm very OCD with making wiring as neat as possible and all being correctly sized. Also just to make it more fun i'm going to try and remove any wiring from the aircon and abs

Rides
    cant remember off top of my head but i was really surprised how little i had to do, alot of the wires in the loom come from inside the car to the fusebox and back into the car to a switch, its only actually the headlight wires that go from fusebox into the bay directly and thats from a relay theres about 4 red and x wires, 2 thicker wires and obviously battery power but im assuming your reloctiong the battery aswell, noted there is alot of wires you need to untangle from each other so you get them all going the correct ways i just depinned them and untangled and plugged back in, there is a hell of alot of stuff you dont need in fusebox, depending on build

edit: depending when your doing it ill be doing my drift cars loom soon and take some step by step pictures