Thread: 180sx electrical issue. Not starting, no fuel pump

Rides

180sx electrical issue. Not starting, no fuel pump

Hello all.

I hope you can help. My 180 is sick and won’t start. I drove it home one night and the next day went to start it and immediately noticed the fuel pump didn’t prime and thus, not able to start.

This is a bit of a saga so I’ll try to keep it brief.
    This happened before, it blew the 25 amp eng cont fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Long story short it was 2 shorted wires under the passenger side engine relay box (red and black wires), i soldered them up an boom away it went.

This time I immediately went to the same place and re-soldered the wires as there was a little chafing on the loom. The car still wouldn’t start, no fuel pump prime.

I then checked all the fuses and the eng cont b fuse in the engine bay box was blown, replaced and still won’t start.

I have checked all the other fuses (footwell and eng bay) all are ok. So i put a meter across the fuel pump relay all is good there, I can jump it and get the pump running and it still won’t start.

I then turned to the EGI relay and with he ignition on I get power over the coil pins 1&2 and also across 3&6. However there is no power across 6&7. There is power from pin 6 to ground, this makes me wonder if there is a break on whatever pin 6 goes to?

Basically I’m not pulling my hair out and getting ready to remortgage the house to afford an auto spark. I’m really hoping someone here can offer some assistance? Or do we have any members in Ayrshire that could take a look?

Cheers in advance
    Andy.

Rides
    Its a common fault to have poor power to the fuel pump due to dodgy wiring. I believe it is most commonly fixed by running a fresh wire for the power.

Rides
    also if your car is lowered a lot you can rub through the loom in the wheel arch, causes all sorts of agro