Thread: 1986 1/2 June Built 200SX

Rides

1986 1/2 June Built 200SX

ok I really need help I discovered a coolant leak the other day it was coming from the area between what I think is the intake manifold and the valve cover down under the fuel rail. I'm not sure but I think its a heater hose but not sure, how can I get to the leak to fix it do I need to remove the intake manifold. I've searched for information on this and looked for diagrams showing bolts locations to remove the manifold but cant find anything to help. really want to fix the leak I had planned on selling it this spring;

Rides
    What engine?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    What engine?
    I'm not 100 %sure but I was told it was a CA20

Rides
    1986 US model 200SX is going to be an S12 Silvia with a CA20E assuming it doesn't have a turbo ???.

I'm not sure there is a massive amount of knowledge around that engine in the UK as I think we got the S12 with an FJ engine to 1987 then a CA18ET...I think then the CA18DET from 1988.

Sorry.

Rides
    Someone might have an international copy of the S12 Silvia workshop manual tho?

but as said, we didn't get the CA20 engined version over here in the UK.

Rides

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    1986 US model 200SX is going to be an S12 Silvia with a CA20E assuming it doesn't have a turbo ???.

I'm not sure there is a massive amount of knowledge around that engine in the UK as I think we got the S12 with an FJ engine to 1987 then a CA18ET...I think then the CA18DET from 1988.

Sorry.
    Ok and its not a turbo, I guess I'll just start taking the fuel line and In-take manifold off and see if I can get to the hose that way

Rides
    You could try posting pics. If the setup is similar to the CA18, we might be able to help. There are extra cooling pipes on the CA18DET for the turbo that run around the plenum but, as I say, we'll help if we can.

There are two support braces on the CA18DET inlet mani that are a bit tricky to get off.

Also, you can download the pdf of the S13 manual for free and see if that contains any clues.

Rides
    Probably the thermostat by-pass hose. 16mm hose from back of thermostat that goes back to pump inlet. On CA18DET it also feeds the throttle body heater from a snaky manifold pipe under the throttle body which then connects to the heater return pipe.

On CA18DET.
    Remove air inlet hose from throttle body.
    Drain coolant, remove top hose.
    Remove air regulator and air hoses from under throttle body (CA20E air reg looks to be elsewhere or may be a lifter on throttle)
    This also holds the throttle body coolant manifold so it's now loose.
    Undo clamps on by-pass hose.
    Pull the manifold pipe out and the by-pass hose.
    Replace in reverse order (!).

As Johnny says you may find some variance as CA20E appears to have a nest of snakes in that area (and 4 plug leads for the 2nd set of spark plugs).