Thread: S14A Clocks help please!

Rides

S14A Clocks help please!

So my Speedo has never worked while owning my s14A, and the rev counter became dodgy at best... So I've bought a set of clocks for it and everything works but battery light comes on and so the battery doesn't charge...

This is the 2nd set I've tried and had the same issue with both, put the original back in and runs and charges fine, but obviously I don't want to do this as no Speedo or rev counter.

Is it something to do with NATS?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Rides
    I had something similar when I was building my car. For ages when my car was in the garage the battery kept on going flat despite running regularly, and the battery light was on. Turned out one of the plugs wasn’t plugged into the back. From memory if the clocks don’t see the charging signal then the alternator won’t charge the battery. Could be a wiring issue.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    I had something similar when I was building my car. For ages when my car was in the garage the battery kept on going flat despite running regularly, and the battery light was on. Turned out one of the plugs wasn’t plugged into the back. From memory if the clocks don’t see the charging signal then the alternator won’t charge the battery. Could be a wiring issue.
    The only reason I don't believe it to be an issue with the wiring is when I put the original ones back in, everything works fine 😔