Thread: Lexus IS200 S

Rides

Lexus IS200 S

I bought this car locally for £280 last year. It had some MOT, 170000 miles on the clock with no service history and one previous owner . It had new discs and pads, radiator and tyres at the time. The car was standard bar some wheels. I gave the car to my boyfriend, he modded it. Took some of the mods off so now it's got no wheels so is on bricks, half finished mods and holes drilled in the bodywork. Long story short the cambelt snapped while it was idling on the driveway to keep the battery going. My boyfriend replaced the cambelt and it still didn't start so valves are probably bent.

I got the car back off him last week. This is how it looks now.

The plan is to fix or replace the head, get it roadworthy and daily it.

Rides
    The only thing I did today was remove the VVT oil feed bolt as you can see in the fifth picture. Overkill with the breaker bar but that's all I had at home today with a 22mm socket. I also put all the parts that have been taken off in the boot rather than being in my house as you can see in sixth picture above. I need to loosen off the cambelt tensioner so I need to bring hex sockets home from work.