Thread: 350z brembo brakes

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

350z brembo brakes

I know this is a common upgrade but not ever having driven a car with them I don’t know how they perform?

I like the idea of going for a more Oem style calliper on the 14 to replace my willwoods, but want to know they’ll perform.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I had R33 GTR Brembos on my S15 which were excellent and well suited to the weight of the car, and as far as I'm aware are the same calliper just the mounting holes are bigger on the z33's.

Unfortunately never driven a car with Willwoods, but I've owned and driven cars with excellent brakes if that helps

Rides
    I’ve got them on the front and z32 rears and they feel nice and oem. A spongy pedal almost but still a lot of power if you get what I mean. Although I do only have a bm50 so the pedal travel is abit much so will be looking for a bm57 soon. I’d try and find some r33 gtr brembos though as they are the same but as mentioned above they have the correct sized bolts for the hubs

Rides
    Going to be swapping my brembos from my 350z to my s14 as they are GOOD brakes, so much so I can only feel a slight increase in stopping power when I swapped to 8POT 356mm front brakes on my Z.
    The rears however you can't use a 350z handbrake conversion as the back plate has different bolt holes for the bearing =(

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by evilz View Post
    Going to be swapping my brembos from my 350z to my s14 as they are GOOD brakes, so much so I can only feel a slight increase in stopping power when I swapped to 8POT 356mm front brakes on my Z.
    The rears however you can't use a 350z handbrake conversion as the back plate has different bolt holes for the bearing =(
    Because i like doing things the hard way i'm in the process of modifying a set of rear hubs and rear 350Z brakes to fit on my s15. complete ball ache but think it will work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_virgin View Post
    Because i like doing things the hard way i'm in the process of modifying a set of rear hubs and rear 350Z brakes to fit on my s15. complete ball ache but think it will work
    Im doing the exact same, apparently the R33 handbrake mech will work with the rear 350z discs, so my main issue is altering the mounting holes. I had planned to make an adapter up to run 370Z discs, but ive just got some LM GT2's in 17 so that's not an option anymore.

How are you going about changing the hole spacing on the rear calipers to suit the s chassis hubs?

Rides
    You could probably just cut a circular 1.5mm sheet metal shape and drill some holes in the right place, basically thats all the backing plate is. Sadly I was wanting to use the whole setup including the bearings and wheel flanges but they are all different except for the same inner tooth count for the driveshafts. and the 114.3 x 5lug. The 200sx bearing is thicker than the 350z.

Rides
    I've made a bracket that clocks the caliper around about 20 degrees so the PCD is the same. Then shaving the caliper to fit the bracket so i can use the orginal mounting holes on both caliper and hub. The hub itself i plan to keep completely stock and as evilz said just modify teh back plates. Ive had them welded up so i can use the 200 mounting positions for the bearing. The other issue is the top bolt on the 200 setup is where the handbrake cabel should be for the 350z. I either plan on rerouting it or making the bolt larger and drilling out the centre to pass the cable through though havent got that far yet.

Who knows it maybe a complete waste of time!

Rides
    I have 350z brembos on the front and R34 brembos on the rear with r32 handbreak set up z32 discs and a bm57. Simplest and most straight forward upgrade in my opinion

Rides
    Trackdays at Snetterton with the big stops on the straights killed my R33 Brembos, good on the road though

Rides
    Are the wilwoods not cutting the mustard? Or just a style thing

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Willwoods are ok. It’s the mounting plates and crap pad choice I’m not keen on.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_virgin View Post
    I've made a bracket that clocks the caliper around about 20 degrees so the PCD is the same. Then shaving the caliper to fit the bracket so i can use the orginal mounting holes on both caliper and hub. The hub itself i plan to keep completely stock and as evilz said just modify teh back plates. Ive had them welded up so i can use the 200 mounting positions for the bearing. The other issue is the top bolt on the 200 setup is where the handbrake cabel should be for the 350z. I either plan on rerouting it or making the bolt larger and drilling out the centre to pass the cable through though havent got that far yet.

Who knows it maybe a complete waste of time!
    Thanks for the tips, you've (hopefully) just solved my problem!