Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Ford owners clubs

Rides

Modern Ford owners clubs

Here in Lancashire the ford owners clubs take over every single car show. It's doing my head in. I don't go to a classic car show to see a bunch of new Fiesta and Focus ST and RS's. I understand them going to normal car shows and there is loads of Ford shows up and down the country all year round.
    A lot of people round here are getting sick of them but they obviously have a massive fan base that walk round looking like chavs.
    Does this happen everywhere else in the country aswell? Anybody else on here have similar things going on at local shows.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Don’t see a massive amount of the Ford boys around here and most of them seem pretty respectful when they do turn up. We do have roughly 1 million Subaru clubs though.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    The worst ones are the ones that turn up in new Mustangs, especially those with half an engine missing

Rides
    Lol

Rides
    You should come to a car show/meet in Norway. 99% of the cars will be regular VW, Volvo, Audi & BMW's...

I would suggest only going to car-specific shows/meets if you want something other than Fords to show up. Jap-only, supercar only, american etc.
    I noticed you said they also show up in new Fords at classic meets, maybe talk to the organizers and give them some feedback. Maybe they will consider actually enforcing more who is let in or atleast organize the show into sections so you can stay away from them. I wouldnt be to worried about it though, you should be happy to have a car community in the first place. We're not all that fortunate even though its not the majority of cars you would like to see.

Rides
    Unfortunately the local shows ignore feedback. I suppose we're lucky to have proper car specific shows at race tracks. It's just disappointing when local car shows you've been going to for years let their standards slip and don't care about it. I guess the car community over here has changed for the worst. Many young people just want to drive the same car with the same mods.
    At least we have a good forum here with unique people and cars.

Rides
    have a word with Mark, ive heard he is the ring leader, or Das Fuhrer as they know him

Rides
    My local car meet is the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage, these days it's completely overrun by Porsche Club GB. Really spoils the variety

Rides
    It's crazy that in different areas of the UK different types of car are more popular. Just shows a lot of people buy cars just because other people have them.

Rides
    You need to pick your shows better

Essex is the Fast Ford capital of the universe and yes if you go to a Ford show it will be full of Tic Tacs but we have plenty of shows that are free of them or at least only have a few. But if they are the only ones who want to display at the shows what are the events to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I think around my area it's a case of there's 1 million more fiestas and focus's than any other car so they outnumber everyone. I can understand if people want to show off their focus rs as it's a top of the range car. I don't get the people who take a normal car to a show like a fiesta ST. You can see those anywhere. I'm not going to bother going to the local shows this year.

Rides
    A Fiesta ST is a nice car and they have as much right to show it as anyone in a rusty old Datsun Just because it doesnt interest you doesnt mean its wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    It's not wrong no. I guess it's just sad the younger generationonly want new cars

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    My local car meet is the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage, these days it's completely overrun by Porsche Club GB. Really spoils the variety
    https://youtu.be/QZBbU1qJU8g

I think this provides video evidence to your claim!

Rides
    There's an awful lot of Fiesta ST's around Yorkshire too, also a fair amount of new shape Focus RS's but they always seem to be driven by 50+ year old men which I can never quite get

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    There's an awful lot of Fiesta ST's around Yorkshire too, also a fair amount of new shape Focus RS's but they always seem to be driven by 50+ year old men which I can never quite get
    That's gonna be me, unless someone comes up with something small and fun to replace my knackered old Puma for getting to work every day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOldGit View Post
    That's gonna be me, unless someone comes up with something small and fun to replace my knackered old Puma for getting to work every day...
    Swift Sport. Massive fun. Very reliable. Cheap to run.

Rides
    Would it help if you thought of it in terms of them subsidising your attendance at the event ?

They come along and pay to get in so the event is profitable and you get to attend next year.

If there are only a few people in rusty old cars, the event will die.

You need new blood, whatever they are driving.

Rides
    Classic car shows up north Scotland are still well attented and typically all classic cars and tractors with a wide variety; although it does tend to be the same cars year on year.

As regards to local 'meets' that occur, I hate to say it but the 'young blood' in their financed cars; and even stuff like 'modern' Fiesta ST's etc. tend to drive a lot more respectfully than those in cheaper Japanese cars who sit popping off their Bee*R's for 45 minute stretches or drifting their MX5's around carelessly.

What I find a bit disheartening is how things change as you get old/ time moves by. Initially I was sad that cruise culture had changed from the energetic thumping of big sound systems; risky behaviours and burnouts to the more sedate park-and-walk you find today. Now I find myself holding little appeal for razzed up cars, loud exhausts etc. and would rather sit at home with a book. I struggle to even find enjoyment in car shows of any nature..

I still enjoy fettling with old / f*cked cars purely for the small sense of pride, accomplishment and thereputic frustrations that come with the hobby; that's it. I don't even like the attention these cars get any more.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13silvia View Post
    Classic car shows up north Scotland are still well attented and typically all classic cars and tractors with a wide variety; although it does tend to be the same cars year on year.

As regards to local 'meets' that occur, I hate to say it but the 'young blood' in their financed cars; and even stuff like 'modern' Fiesta ST's etc. tend to drive a lot more respectfully than those in cheaper Japanese cars who sit popping off their Bee*R's for 45 minute stretches or drifting their MX5's around carelessly.

What I find a bit disheartening is how things change as you get old/ time moves by. Initially I was sad that cruise culture had changed from the energetic thumping of big sound systems; risky behaviours and burnouts to the more sedate park-and-walk you find today. Now I find myself holding little appeal for razzed up cars, loud exhausts etc. and would rather sit at home with a book. I struggle to even find enjoyment in car shows of any nature..

I still enjoy fettling with old / f*cked cars purely for the small sense of pride, accomplishment and thereputic frustrations that come with the hobby; that's it. I don't even like the attention these cars get any more.
    That's a bit of a shame. Have you thought of getting involved in another aspect of motoring like grass-track/karting/auto-test/sprinting so your fettling is aimed at getting something through a meeting ?

If you have skin in the game, racing of any sort is much more of an adrenaline hit even if you are not the driver.

I only mention it because it made a difference for me when I felt that way.