Thread: Replacing S14a Washer Bottle Pumps

Rides

Replacing S14a Washer Bottle Pumps

Hi everyone, I finally got round to taking a look to see why my front and rear washer jets weren’t working and it transpires that both terminals on the respective pumps had disintegrated, along with the pumps themselves.

Apart from replacing the entire washer reservoir and pumps as an entire unit from Nissan for about £5000 I was looking at replacement individual pumps ad found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACP-Front...UAAOSw2xRYgkP-

The main difference between the front and rear pumps is the terminal connection where one has the terminals at right angles to each other (like the one in the link) and the other has the terminals parallel to each other.

If anyone has replaced their own pumps or think that the one I have linked to will do the job then any advice would be appreciated.

Thank

Andy

Rides
    Following as need to do this on mine! Been told euro’s do a straight swap pump but don’t know model or any thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I believe you can buy the pumps separate for around ~£30 each from Nissan. The reservoir that comes with the pumps has to come from Japan and is ~£300 I think.

Rides
    The do universal ones, I’ll just get a full unit and sit it where the battery was!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks for that information, rococo.

I’ve gone ahead and purchased one of the ones I linked to in my original post so hopefully it will arrive before the weekend so I can get it tested and report back if it’s any good.

If it is then I’ll have to gauge how feasible it would be to get a second to use for the rear washer by butchering the power terminals.

Andy

Rides

Rides
    Good find there snops, obviously my searching powers were failing me. Interesting that there was a version from EuroCarParts as that was my first port of call and they had nothing listed for my reg.

Those PEWP09 look a good option though if the one I have ordered is no good, thanks for finding that thread.

Andy

Rides
    The pump I ordered arrived on Monday and as I have the washer bottle off the car I have attempted a test fit.

The clearance for the smaller outlet pipe looks fine if both pumps were in situ, the only slight bit of fettling required is on the larger inlet connection as it has a couple of raised rings on it that mean it will fit in the bottle without the rubber grommets but are just a bit too big with them.

What I’m planning on doing is just rubbing them down a bit so they’re not quite so proud and hopefully they’ll fit nice and snug.

I’m looking to do a full test this weekend with it fitted to the car so hopefully it’ll be fine and I can get the 2nd one ordered.

With regards to the terminals on the rear windscreen pump I’m going to replace them with similarly sized spade clips that will be fixed in place in the correct position and then hopefully all will be well.

If I remember I’ll pop up a picture of my old pumps as there really isn’t anything I can re-use from them

Andy

Rides
    Pump all fitted and working. Only slight issue was the rubber grommet it went into had split that we hadn’t noticed before fitting so had a bit of a leak. Replaced it with the one for the rear motor and it was fine.

There isn’t the clearance to have 2 of these next to each other so the plan is to use the headlight washer motor for the rear and put a bung in hole for the rear washer pump.

Due to the difference in diameter of the inner bore of the rear washer pipe and the headlight washer pipe I’m picking up a reducer to make use of the headlight washer motor.

The main thing is I now have working front washers and, with the general rubbish weather and salted roads it is a godsend to be able to get the windscreen clear again.

Andy

Rides

I’m hoping his shows up, just a quick pic of the old pumps.

Rides
    Did anyone measure the diameter of the tube? Might look for something more powerful