Thread: Stuff to look forward to in 2019

Rides

Stuff to look forward to in 2019

Well seeing as i am currently flat on the ground waiting for painkillers to work as my back has decided to kick off again i thought i would start a new thread in Gen chat.

Stuff to look forward to next year, er this year or a year or so back (depending on when your reading this)

2019 looks to be a stotter for films, technology and chaos so i thought i would list what i am looking forward to.

Movies wise, well its another big Marvel year. Avengers Endgame is obviously one of the biggest, or the biggest release due but there are others.
    Avengers 4, Captain Marvel, Starwars IX, Iron sky 2, Glass, Spiderman far from home, Godzilla king of the monsters, Men in Black international, Hellboy remake, John Wick ... these are just some of next years films, its gunna be a good year for cinema.
    Technology wise its a biggies, CES in a week or so's time will have a big drop of info on AMDs new 3000 series Zen chips which .. if even only half the rumors are true look to be the biggest change in computer processors for a very long time. Next year might also see microsoft release a version of windows 10 that works first time and doesn't **** everyone up, nvidia might release a cheaper (lol not) raytracing card that actually works, intel is rumored to be making its own video cards that might drop next year as well - they will likely suck. Game wise it could be a busy year, we may even get wind of the next version of the Eggbox and Playstation specs.

Cars, well more electric and hybrid shit will be squirted oot with daft power outputs and claims of a bazillion MPG which is a bunch of lies. One thing i am interested in is the 2019 MX5 which has had a big power boost... at last.

Anyone else got anything they are expecting in 2019...

Ohhh and more brexit shite, thats a given as well

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I’m looking forward to writing 2018 on everything that needs dating for the first three months
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    I am looking forward to our new business model giving me some free time back for a social life of sorts (fingers crossed ). Then hopefully get the Nissan out properly and to some events

Sent from my Moto using Tappytalk

Rides
    Come on folks, someone has to have some 2019 stuff.

I will continue to be a total penis on here if anyone if wondering.

Rides
    Get the 180sx back on the road after an 18 month hiatus.

Buy a house.

In no particular order.

Rides
    I'm going to start dancing again, ride some great biking roads, get some work, buy a nice car and start behaving like a juvenile again.

In fact, I've started moving towards all of the above already

My 2018 ended so well, I don't understand why I didn't start Week 52 sooner

Rides
    I got a new job about 6 weeks ago so this year im going to learn how to do it, because I blagged my way through the door.

im going to use the cycle to work scheme to buy a decent mountain bike.
    in the summer im going to take my drift only car on some track days which should be interesting as its on 'cut hubs' and generally just tries to kill me all the time.
    finish my open university degree in June, Vow to never study with the Open Uni again because they are shite, then get drunken.
    Realise that I need an even bigger deposit to buy a house than when I tried 2 years ago.
    wonder how the foook its nearly Christmas again.

Rides
    its been very up and down the last year, so 2019 marks the year of positivity for me... even though i have a raging hormone/health problem that compels me to hate and kill everyone and everything around me last year i imported a 180sx from japan and this year, however tight finances may be, i need to get it done and on the road this summer. its a bit of a symbolic/mental thing as well as it seems to be (still) the one thing that can really cheer me up i want to be on here more and follow people's projects and stuff more again. I think 2019 will be better than 2018 anyways, thats something to look forward to lol
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I'm going to start dancing again, ride some great biking roads, get some work, buy a nice car and start behaving like a juvenile again.

In fact, I've started moving towards all of the above already

My 2018 ended so well, I don't understand why I didn't start Week 52 sooner
    Update:

Slow Foxtrot, Waltz and Jive - tick
    Spanish roads on a Ducati Scrambler and Triumph Tiger - tick
    2014 XKR in blue with cream - tick
    Behaving like a teenager - tick
    Get some work - Well, yeah. Must get around to that at some point lol. Still have 9 months of 2019 left though.

Rides
    Well its been a crap start to 19 for me, my back went shortly after posting this thread, and now just as its now half decent i have caught the worst dose of .....something, cough and splutter related i have ever had.
    Signed off, tired and grumpy.. ohh wait thats normal for me.

Rides
    bit late to this party but 2019 for me looks like :-

S14a - new tyres all round, respraying front bumper, o/s front wing and the front bonnet, full alignment check, battery tray rust treated. Maybe a good buff if I get round to buying a machine polisher. Drive and attend some good shows, I want to be one of those guys with the quick detailing spray you see cleaning their cars when they first arrive, I went to a show last year and didn't even bother cleaning the car before hand which was rather embarrassing in hindsight

Holidays - Maybe a trip to Spain. A camping trip to the New Forrest to go Wakeboarding for sure. And Maybe a S14a road trip in France including camping, swimming in lakes and eating BBQ food in the sun.

House plans - repaint a couple of walls that were redecorated but need another coat to make them better. Work in the garden, new fences, get rid of loads of weeds, create a seating area with stones, lighting and a pub style table/bench. Clear out / sell stuff I don't need anymore, Marie Kondo style

Personal life plans - work out consistently, eat right, read more, sit in the garden and enjoy life!

Edit - Win £40m on the lottery
    Last edited by sx rider; 29-03-2019 at 13:08.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Just paid for pembrey in May so finally got something to look forward too
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue