Thread: Remove anti roll bar

Rides

Remove anti roll bar

Hi all

What effect would removing the front anti roll bar have?i have upper and lower braces and all the drift cars have em removed.just wondering would it make any noticeable difference on a road car.
    Thanks

Rides
    Increase oversteer.

Rides
    Hey, a lot of drift people do run no anti roll bar but generally that is on crazy lock set ups where it gets in the way! I run extended arms, modded knuckles etc and the tyre touches the stock tension arm before it gets near to the stock front ARB.

I would not recommend it for a road car but all you can do is try it and see, from other people I have spoken to you ideally need to run stiffer front spring rates to make up for lack of ARB. Why do you want to remove it?

P.s that PE turbo I bought off you nearly 2 years ago is still going strong on my car lol.

Rides
    I wouldnt do it on the road, track for drifting maybe but road no chance.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Hi all

What effect would removing the front anti roll bar have?i have upper and lower braces and all the drift cars have em removed.just wondering would it make any noticeable difference on a road car.
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure it will increase understeer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I didn't run one on my road car (road legal drift car) for about 2 years, didn't notice much difference to be honest, however everything was solid. Did ruin a couple of sets of arms though due to potholes etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by drc View Post
    Hey, a lot of drift people do run no anti roll bar but generally that is on crazy lock set ups where it gets in the way! I run extended arms, modded knuckles etc and the tyre touches the stock tension arm before it gets near to the stock front ARB.

I would not recommend it for a road car but all you can do is try it and see, from other people I have spoken to you ideally need to run stiffer front spring rates to make up for lack of ARB. Why do you want to remove it?

P.s that PE turbo I bought off you nearly 2 years ago is still going strong on my car lol.
    Ha good to know.those things are meant to last forever.
    Basically i snapped the 2 welded in bolts and i cant find replacement arms and because of where they are itd near impossible to get a strong weld on new bolts